C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 ZO6 Carpet removal

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 11:02 PM
weykool
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C6 ZO6 Carpet removal

Does anyone have carpet removal instructions for the rear and behind the seats of a C6 ZO6? Pictures and or video would be helpful.
Thanks,
G
Old 01-27-2016, 12:24 AM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by weykool
Does anyone have carpet removal instructions for the rear and behind the seats of a C6 ZO6? Pictures and or video would be helpful.
Thanks,
G
This is for a coupe, but it's the same except you don't have to remove the targa top holder brackets, since you don't have any. (picture #1)
Follow the post #2 and #7 for the rear area carpet removal of the attached thread link.
As for the carpet behind the seat, move your seats as forward as they go, then you can pull up and away the carpet from behind the center console, and the seats. It's a moulded carpet that sits on top of the bump behind the seats, and the carpet slips under the center console.
If the carpet is too tight to come out from around the center console, loosen the 2 rear bolts (under the plastic caps) inside the console so you can free the carpet away from the console. Most times, it slips out and back in with no issues.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t-removal.html

Good Luck

Last edited by 4SUMERZ; 01-27-2016 at 12:26 AM.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:45 PM
l68stingray
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 2008 coupe with the two cargo compartments one on each side. I have followed your instructions from above and have removed the doors to the compartments but when I try to pull them up they won't come up. Are they attached with some sort of fastener?
Old 06-22-2017, 09:14 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by l68stingray
I have a 2008 coupe with the two cargo compartments one on each side. I have followed your instructions from above and have removed the doors to the compartments but when I try to pull them up they won't come up. Are they attached with some sort of fastener?
You'll have to gently pry up the storage box cover frames. These are particularly fragile, so use the tool to pry directly adjacent to the clips or you'll snap the frame. Once those are free, you should be able to remove the rear carpet piece.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:40 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

There are small clips that I always break when gutting a car. Otherwise mostly just pulls out
Old 06-24-2017, 09:39 AM
l68stingray
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks are they plastic or metal clips

Get notified of new replies

To C6 ZO6 Carpet removal

Quick Reply: C6 ZO6 Carpet removal