C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another NPP Question

Old 02-28-2016, 08:02 PM
Kingman99
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Another NPP Question

Hi

I have a 2007 vert and would like to change my exhaust to the NPP.

What do l have to buy in order to accomplish this. Not looking for the cheap way if there is one.

My objective is a more aggressive sound.

Thanks

Alan
Old 02-28-2016, 09:17 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by kingman
Hi

What do l have to buy in order to accomplish this. Not looking for the cheap way if there is one.

Thanks

Alan
Allan, all u need is a NPP in a box,a set of true 2 1/2 inch NPP mufflers from a 2005 to 2008

I had Midas in Lawerenceville install the mufflers as for 100 dollars it was not worth my time.

Installing the box and running the vacuum hose and wire was easy, cutting the plug off the nipple behind the manifold will make u use words you never used before

I have them set to start open as they sound great but I can close them if I want.

With my auto there is no drone at all

If you want to hear them, pm me and we can make arrangements as we are real close

Dave
Old 02-28-2016, 09:31 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,058 Likes on 1,503 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

A local guy has mufflers for sale that have the pipes cut off and that makes shipping easy and safer. You can cut your's off at the same place and weld them on your pipes. He's asking $250 if you're interested.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:41 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by kingman
Hi

Thanks

Alan
The way I did it was bought a whole Z06 exhaust system, manifolds to tips. It will just bolt on and I have maybe $600-700 in the whole thing

For NPP control you have all kinds of options. Everything from installing the factory NPP controller (it is a separate box, NPP is not controlled by the ECM) to aftermarket options to just running a vacuum line straight from the intake manifold to the NPP flaps which will keep them closed at light throttle and open when you get on it.

That is what I would recommend vs. trying to find a more expensive 2.5" version. You'll pick up some power from the Z06 manifolds too. Not as much as long tubes, but for the price it's hard to beat it.

Last edited by schpenxel; 02-28-2016 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:58 PM
jacktucky
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 02-28-2016, 10:39 PM
Kingman99
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Dcasole
Allan, all u need is a NPP in a box,a set of true 2 1/2 inch NPP mufflers from a 2005 to 2008

I had Midas in Lawerenceville install the mufflers as for 100 dollars it was not worth my time.

Installing the box and running the vacuum hose and wire was easy, cutting the plug off the nipple behind the manifold will make u use words you never used before

I have them set to start open as they sound great but I can close them if I want.

With my auto there is no drone at all

If you want to hear them, pm me and we can make arrangements as we are real close

Dave
x

Hi Dave

I will send a pm

Alan

Get notified of new replies

To Another NPP Question

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Another NPP Question