C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those of you that have diy cam job enter ????

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 05:26 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Thanks for the priming tips Jacobs and Realcanuck. Learned something today.
Old 04-02-2016, 03:35 PM
CMY SIX
Safety Car

Received 104 Likes on 92 Posts

well I finished up this morning, spun the motor over without plugs in it and the pedal on the floor, sounded like the starter wasn't engaging it was turning over so smoothly, everything sounded OK and it looked like I was getting oil on top, did this 3 times about 10 seconds each time, gave every thing the once over put plugs in it, pushed the button started like it hadn't even been apart, IT LIVES!!! didn't even need to pump the lifters up, sounds like the best preload sequence I've ever done, I ran it for a while with the heater on. got it up to about 200, shut it off Comp wants you to "heat cycle "the springs a couple times before you go romping on it too much. I want you{schpenxel} to know how much your advice and encouragement has meant, it not everyday you rip the front off your engine in your $50.000 car and move the insides around, and to the na-sayers hijacking MY thread trying to show everyone how much you know{even thou yours blew up} go **** yourselves, mine runs as expected!
Old 04-02-2016, 03:55 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 395 Likes on 360 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by CMY SIX
well I finished up this morning, spun the motor over without plugs in it and the pedal on the floor, sounded like the starter wasn't engaging it was turning over so smoothly, everything sounded OK and it looked like I was getting oil on top, did this 3 times about 10 seconds each time, gave every thing the once over put plugs in it, pushed the button started like it hadn't even been apart, IT LIVES!!! didn't even need to pump the lifters up, sounds like the best preload sequence I've ever done, I ran it for a while with the heater on. got it up to about 200, shut it off Comp wants you to "heat cycle "the springs a couple times before you go romping on it too much. I want you{schpenxel} to know how much your advice and encouragement has meant, it not everyday you rip the front off your engine in your $50.000 car and move the insides around, and to the na-sayers hijacking MY thread trying to show everyone how much you know{even thou yours blew up} go **** yourselves, mine runs as expected!

Wow.... I just reread the thread and didn't see anything but good advice and discussion. No one was hijacking your sacred thread. Its dicks like you who make the good guys not want to answer questions of give advice.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:50 PM
OneMoreVet
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Wow.... I just reread the thread and didn't see anything but good advice and discussion. No one was hijacking your sacred thread. Its dicks like you who make the good guys not want to answer questions of give advice.
Dude flames innocent posters looking for information on a regular basis. Then he starts a post looking for advise all the while continuing to berate others. Dude is a real piece of work.

I hope his motor runs great with the new cam but he slams his finger in the door!
The following users liked this post:
Joe_G (04-02-2016)
Old 04-02-2016, 07:10 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

Thought that myself....wow what a out of the blue post he wrote above after so many of us took our time to try and help the guy based on our experience.

I gotta pop the flag on that fine "thank you" he gives us.

Old 04-02-2016, 07:20 PM
CMY SIX
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Thought that myself....wow what a out of the blue post he wrote above after so many of us took our time to try and help the guy based on our experience.

I gotta pop the flag on that fine "thank you" he gives us.

obviously must have missed the you should have done this, you should have done that, why if I was to do it I would do it this way. I only flame the terminally stupid or the ones in capable of thinking for themselves, I didn't ask anyone what you would do, I asked from those who had done their own.

Last edited by CMY SIX; 04-02-2016 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:23 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

obviously must have missed the you should have done this, you should have done that, why if I was to do it I would do it this way. I only flame the terminally stupid or the ones in capable of thinking for themselves, I didn't ask anyone what you would do, I asked from those who had done their own.
Now you changed a cam and are a master mechanic so shouldn't need to be asking for more help. Good luck.

Last edited by realcanuk; 04-02-2016 at 07:24 PM.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:41 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

No, you flame everybody including those that took their time to try to help you.

You never offer a constructive bit of help on this forum, you post only to tell people they are stupid for even asking a question.

You asked from help from guys that have done the mods you are doing so I thought oh why not chime in and try to help the guy despite the way he treats other people.

So we help you and you post up some illiterate bash on those that tried to help you.

Why did I think you would do anything else.

Wow it must be awful to have such a negative outlook toward your fellow man.
Old 04-03-2016, 11:19 AM
CMY SIX
Safety Car

Now you changed a cam and are a master mechanic so shouldn't need to be asking for more help. Good luck.
yes I'm already a Millwright{look it up} that's what I do for a living. just have done an in car cam job, hell have not done any cam job in many years, obviously you have not read what I typed just running on your tirade, I'm glad there's people schpenxel his advice and encouragement meant everything, I was also contacted by several other people from the old days on the forum who PM'ed me rather than posted because there tired of the johnny come latelys who think they discovered something new and know more then the people who designed the car, you 3 spent a page and a half patting each other on the back for using a garden sprayer to prime the engine, google what a real mech. would use and you'll see they don't hook it up there. I pre-lubed the cam, the engine has already been run{77,000 miles} oil is every where, I changed the oil before the job so oil was sitting on top of the filter, just like I wrote with the plugs out, gas pedal to the floor, I spun the motor over several times, plugs in, start button, WA-LA INSTANT OIL PRESSURE, your page and a half on priming the motor did nothing for me, didn't really need to hear about how I should have changed the lifters or it was going to blow up, Oh mine did but no I didn't do the work and we're finding more issues as we tear into it, perhaps you should have asked for some advice on where to take it too as it sounds like where you went didn't know what they were doing, and then the master Canadian mech, posts pics of his broken dual spring on another post. look around na-sayers I answered about 20 posts with solid advice from experience. and didn't down their idea's, talk about a "negative outlook"?

Last edited by CMY SIX; 04-03-2016 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-03-2016, 11:28 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

yes I'm already a Millwright{look it up} that's what I do for a living. just have done an in car cam job, hell have not done any cam job in many years, obviously you have not read what I typed just running on your tirade, I'm glad there's people schpenxel his advice and encouragement meant everything, I was also contacted by several other people from the old days on the forum who PM'ed me rather than posted because there tired of the johnny come latelys who think they discovered something new and know more then the people who designed the car, you 3 spent a page and a half patting each other on the back for using a garden sprayer to prime the engine, google what a real mech. would use and you'll see they don't hook it up there. I pre-lubed the cam, the engine has already been run{77,000 miles} oil is every where, I changed the oil before the job so oil was sitting on top of the filter, just like I wrote with the plugs out, gas pedal to the floor, I spun the motor over several times, plugs in, start button, WA-LA INSTANT OIL PRESSURE, your page and a half on priming the motor did nothing for me, didn't really need to hear about how I should have changed the lifters or it was going to blow up, Oh mine did but no I didn't do the work and we're finding more issues as we tear into it, perhaps you should have asked for some advice on where to take it too as it sounds like where you went didn't know what they were doing, and then the master Canadian mech, posts pics of his broken dual spring on another post. look around na-sayers I answered about 20 posts with solid advice from experience. and didn't down their idea's
Just like we don't really need to hear your stupid rants. You are the typical ask hole, that asks advice but thinks he knows better than those he's asking. I would forget working on the car and get some help working on your personality. You help no one, and trash those that try to help others.
Must be horrible being a miserable POS.

I'm out. Have a good life knowing it all !

Last edited by realcanuk; 04-03-2016 at 11:28 AM.

Quick Reply: For those of you that have diy cam job enter ????