C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BBK KIT TSW Interlagos

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 06:41 PM
junkboyjude
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BBK KIT TSW Interlagos

is anybody running 18 x 9 18 x 10.5 TSW Interlagos with a BBK ? If so what kind of BBK and what size ? Not looking for a reply telling me bigger brakes don't equal better stopping power. Double major math computer science. I know physics. I just want an answer to the two questions above.
Thanks in advance
Old 09-01-2016, 09:33 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Wilwood shows what profile you need for their brakes to fit on their website. That might help you.
The following users liked this post:
junkboyjude (09-27-2016)
Old 09-01-2016, 11:17 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

They seem to fit most bbks that I've seen. Who out there argues that a bbk won't stop better?

A math major ought to be able to figure out how to measure the clearance though

Last edited by sevinn; 09-01-2016 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:40 PM
junkboyjude
Intermediate

Default Lol

if I had the rims yet which should be delivered tomorrow and I wasn't in Saudi Arabia at work until the 27th of sept I surely would be able to yah I saw on wild wood website their documentation for what their different brake sets require but don't have the rims yet. Have emailed a few shops, dealers and no definite answers. Got an i will try and find out and one shop/dealer said have used the Z06 upgrade on them with no problems so far. But no definite answers as of yet
Old 09-01-2016, 11:41 PM
junkboyjude
Intermediate

Default :)

Thanks buddy. I don't have the rims yet coming soon though.

Originally Posted by timd38
Wilwood shows what profile you need for their brakes to fit on their website. That might help you.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:49 PM
junkboyjude
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sevinn
They seem to fit most bbks that I've seen. Who out there argues that a bbk won't stop better?

A math major ought to be able to figure out how to measure the clearance though
i asked the question in a different fashion a few weeks ago saying I had just installed a AA supercharger etc and I got a long lesson on bigger brakes don't necessarily equate to better stopping, you need more friction ie bigger tires (which is why I am getting different rims so I can run bigger tires ) and the standard all bigger brakes do is shed, or dissapte heat better ( bigger brakes equates to bigger heat absorption and dissipation ) blah blah blah. Which means on a track setup they will out perform a smaller calliper smaller rotor set-up, less brake fade, which equates to BETTER STOPPING.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:27 AM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Originally Posted by junkboyjude
i asked the question in a different fashion a few weeks ago saying I had just installed a AA supercharger etc and I got a long lesson on bigger brakes don't necessarily equate to better stopping, you need more friction ie bigger tires (which is why I am getting different rims so I can run bigger tires ) and the standard all bigger brakes do is shed, or dissapte heat better ( bigger brakes equates to bigger heat absorption and dissipation ) blah blah blah. Which means on a track setup they will out perform a smaller calliper smaller rotor set-up, less brake fade, which equates to BETTER STOPPING.
I figured everyone knew that BBKs were a functional upgrade so I'm just a little surprised you got trouble with it lol

Here's a post by someone who used a 18x10.5 square setup (I ran this on my base car for a little while and didn't like the way 265 tires looked on them). I'm on my phone or I'd look up the specs for each but I think the 18x9s should fit at least the wilwood kit with no prblem.

Forum vendor tce brakes has a really good price on a willwood kit that I'm planning on doing one day myself, so I hope they fit under my wheels since I'm runnig the 18x9 and 18x10.5 setup right now!

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1588349271
Old 09-02-2016, 07:50 AM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Z06 brakes are still junk, but it is your car. Do a couple track days and you find out how poor they really are. They look great, but those pads are a joke, the pins freeze up, etc. I had them for one track event a bought something else.

You can talk physic all you want, but at the end of the day, the Corvette got junk brakes because Dave Hill didn't like the people at Brembo and went with Australian brakes on the Z06 that look good, but don't perform.

Thee ZR1 got Brembos because Dave Hill retired.

Last edited by timd38; 09-02-2016 at 07:58 AM.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:26 AM
junkboyjude
Intermediate

Thanks man another guy told me the same thing and turned me on the same place. TCE I am to give them a call. He was quite sure the 4 piston wildwood set-up would work with the 18-9.0 and 18-10.5 setup I am going to. As for most, not all some were trying to be helpful, but most I'm quite sure were just being a douche bag and trying to tell somebody something. Like I said I wasn't asking for a brake lesson. I was asking a simple question, what size, brand etc brake can I run inside a set of x,y,z wheels. Period. Just about make a person not come on the site. I would have figured everybody would be cool, if you knew the answer to a question, answer it. If not don't give a dude a talking down to or try and tell him some crap he's not even asking about, like he's some lower class citizen. Just not cool to my way of thinking, but I guess there a s&$theads every where. Even here. Anyways thanks for your time brother.

QUOTE=sevinn;1592974829]I figured everyone knew that BBKs were a functional upgrade so I'm just a little surprised you got trouble with it lol

Here's a post by someone who used a 18x10.5 square setup (I ran this on my base car for a little while and didn't like the way 265 tires looked on them). I'm on my phone or I'd look up the specs for each but I think the 18x9s should fit at least the wilwood kit with no prblem.

Forum vendor tce brakes has a really good price on a willwood kit that I'm planning on doing one day myself, so I hope they fit under my wheels since I'm runnig the 18x9 and 18x10.5 setup right now!

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1588349271[/QUOTE]
Old 09-02-2016, 12:04 PM
hungryhippo
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

Those wheels will fit almost all 14" brake kits. There's lots of clearance.
The following users liked this post:
junkboyjude (09-27-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 03:12 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

As for most, not all some were trying to be helpful, but most I'm quite sure were just being a douche bag and trying to tell somebody something. Like I said I wasn't asking for a brake lesson. I was asking a simple question, what size, brand etc brake can I run inside a set of x,y,z wheels. Period. Just about make a person not come on the site. I would have figured everybody would be cool, if you knew the answer to a question, answer it. If not don't give a dude a talking down to or try and tell him some crap he's not even asking about, like he's some lower class citizen. Just not cool to my way of thinking, but I guess there a s&$theads every where. Even here.
Just to clarify why people responded the way they did on that other thread, was the presentation of your question, the lack of useful information, the un-professional writing style, the junior member status, and the air of superiority by flaunting your education.

Those are all signs that are commonly seen in postings by HS teenagers or people who have little understanding of how stuff works. However, every response included helpful information, based on what little data you supplied. I'm guessing in your computer science courses, you learned the concept of "junk in = junk out".

Get notified of new replies

To BBK KIT TSW Interlagos

Quick Reply: BBK KIT TSW Interlagos