C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange HVAC problem!!!

Old 09-28-2016, 01:52 PM
mazzerman
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Strange HVAC problem!!!

Hi
Iv got a strange problem with my HVAC system mainly the mode door and recirc door which i cant figure out.
It started with codes B0248 B0268 AND B0269, on the tech 2 scan tool.
So i tested the wiring on the mode door and the recirc actuators from the connector at the back of the HVAC control unit on the A and B circuits which both had continuity and no shorts,
Also took out both actuators and bench tested them with Power probe, and both worked fine, so no problems with wiring from HVAC controller to the actuators and the actuators themselves.
I suspected the HVAC unit so bought a known good one and fitted it but problem still the same. so cant be 2 HVAC controllers with exactly same issue.
One thing i cant seem to do is get the actuators to move using the functions in the scan tool, but if i rig up the power probe onto the A and B circuit of each of the actuators and fire down 12v they work fine. but not through the controller or using Tech 2 scan tool. looking at the manual there doesn't appear to any other controller in the loop that might be the culprit, so any ideas where to look next gratefully received. Cheers
Old 11-03-2021, 12:10 PM
Bingo002
Instructor

Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

Any resolution on this? Mine does the same with the same codes and swapping the HVAC module also did not work.
Old 11-03-2021, 02:13 PM
gdmoore01
Burning Brakes

Received 543 Likes on 375 Posts

The attached information contains diagnostic steps to help determine the cause & resolution for the error codes you are experiencing. Do a search for the error codes and then read through the information provided for diagnostics. Sorry I cannot give you any more information then this as I have not experienced these specific problems with my HVAC, nor I have read anything about them on the forum.

Good luck & hopefully someone will be able to assist.

GD
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
HVAC 2.pdf (3.16 MB, 124 views)

Get notified of new replies

To Strange HVAC problem!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Strange HVAC problem!!!