C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch micro switch on 08+

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 12:36 PM
madskater5
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Clutch micro switch on 08+

Ok I've done some searching and not found an answer yet. I searched back to threads from the past 5 years and all anyone says is that the 08+'s have the position sensor but no solutions besides the LPE box.

Who has hooked up a two-step on their 08+ car without using the LPE box to convert the position sensor signal?

Where/how did you mount a micro switch?

I'm not seeing any good/easy way to mount it up so I'm fishing for ideas before I re-invent the wheel here.

Thanks!
Old 07-26-2017, 12:19 AM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 261 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by madskater5
Ok I've done some searching and not found an answer yet. I searched back to threads from the past 5 years and all anyone says is that the 08+'s have the position sensor but no solutions besides the LPE box.

Who has hooked up a two-step on their 08+ car without using the LPE box to convert the position sensor signal?

I'm not seeing any good/easy way to mount it up so I'm fishing for ideas before I re-invent the wheel here.

Thanks!
the 2 step can be activated with either 12v or ground.
I have a couple friends that installed the 2 step using the pedal to create a ground when pressed with a little mod. Careful for what you wish for though. Between those 2 they've broken 3 axles, 2 diffs, a torque tube, and a half shaft
Old 08-20-2017, 12:41 PM
Jwwesttx
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks!
i was wondering the same thing i ended buying a nitrous wot switch off summit and if i have time il try and mount it today, if i get ir figured out il send you some pics
Old 08-20-2017, 04:05 PM
GARY2004Z06
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 335 Likes on 247 Posts

Thanks!
I ran the neutral safety switch off of a C5Z along with an activation switch to turn it on.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:21 AM
Jwwesttx
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks!
if your still looking for a solution i ended uo mounting my switch yesterday, really i used this switch, bent the last hole on the bracket at 90deg, and bolted it directly to the dead pedal next to the clutch and it works perfect
Old 08-24-2017, 10:31 AM
0jhaines
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Clutch sensor vs switch

Obviously mounting a switch to the newer cars is a viable solution but using our box does have a few advantages (in addition to the simplicity of not having to mount another sensor and bracket). With our module you can enable/disable the output in 1% increments without having to re-position the bracket/switch etc. Also you can change the hysteresis so you can have it open/close in a narrower or wider range (so it takes more or less travel before it turns back off or on as you release the pedal).

BTW - that same module can also be used as a TPS or MAP based switch or any other 0-5 volt output type sensor switch (but it can't be used on the newer direct injection Gen V V8 vehicles that have a serial data based throttle position signal, for that you need our CAN based relay module).

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Clutch micro switch on 08+

Quick Reply: Clutch micro switch on 08+