C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio/ A/C controls change to irridescent

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 05:58 PM
blkbean
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Radio/ A/C controls change to irridescent

My radio and A/C control panel looks normal when I start the car and after a minute or so the two displays turn kind of irridescent. I can still read the settings. Also the passenger vents blow cool air, while the driver side vents blow warm air.
Is there something wrong with the radio and a/c controls? I've read some other posts on the air temps blowing from the side vents so that must be a low r134 or other problem.

Last edited by blkbean; 07-19-2017 at 06:00 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:07 AM
Kenny94945
Le Mans Master

Received 446 Likes on 383 Posts

I think you may have two different problems.

1) No the r134 is more than likely NOT the problem.
2) AC could be the head unit...$400
3) AC could be the air ducting dividing doors in the dash...dash removal to fix.
4) Radio and AC display both dimming...unsure perhaps sun sensor in center top of dash?

I think you may need to go to a shop to diagnose as opposed to this internet forum.

Only suggestion is to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes (don't forget to re-index your windows) and hope for luck.

And good luck.
The following users liked this post:
blkbean (07-20-2017)
Old 07-23-2017, 06:11 PM
blkbean
Cruising

In addition to the display problem, the radio doesn't work, no sound, no tuning. The CD player does work and sounds fine. Are these displays LCD? I know they are not LED like the c5 models. Guess I'll take the radio and A/C controls out and see what I can find.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:12 PM
blkbean
Cruising

Originally Posted by blkbean
In addition to the display problem, the radio doesn't work, no sound, no tuning. The CD player does work and sounds fine. Are these displays LCD? I know they are not LED like the c5 models. Guess I'll take the radio and A/C controls out and see what I can find.
I drove the car today and used the other key fob. Everything works now. The radio comes on and the A/C works fine. The control panel for each look normal.

What is the problem with the other key fob? I haven't seen any warning that the battery is low.

Get notified of new replies

To Radio/ A/C controls change to irridescent

Quick Reply: Radio/ A/C controls change to irridescent