C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door locks

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 01:25 AM
JsC6
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Door locks

1. I'm not referring to the key fob...I am however, referring to the door lock button on the DRIVER door itself.
2. If I pull up to a curb engine running or off, and want someone to be able to open the PASSENGER door - I can't unlock it from the driver side DOOR lock switch. I have either put it in Park or pick up my key fob and select unlock. Or, I can reach over and press the Unlock button on the PASSENGER door switch.
Why can't I use the DRIVER door lock switch to unlock the car?
If its bad, then how do I remove the switch.
side note: the lock button work on both driver and passenger doors and only the passenger door UNlock button works, drivers does not.
Key fobs work great, I'm talking about the unlock button on the drivers door.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:12 AM
HK770
Burning Brakes

Received 237 Likes on 189 Posts

In park to open doors, is normal feature. You can't open hatch either unless in park.
All explained in owners manual.

luck

manual in pdf form on internet

Last edited by HK770; 09-15-2017 at 02:14 AM.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:35 AM
JsC6
Advanced

Originally Posted by HK770
In park to open doors, is normal feature. You can't open hatch either unless in park.
All explained in owners manual.

luck

manual in pdf form on internet
1. I am able to reach over to the PASS door switch and unlock the car.
2. If I am sitting still, no engine running, still not able to unlock the door using the DRIVER side switch. (But I can with the PASS door switch.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:54 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,060 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by JsC6
1. I am able to reach over to the PASS door switch and unlock the car.
2. If I am sitting still, no engine running, still not able to unlock the door using the DRIVER side switch. (But I can with the PASS door switch.

You continue to fail to read the owner's manual to see how it works even though advised in this thread and the other thread you started. So why don't you go to a dealer and he can read it for you.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:45 AM
JsC6
Advanced

I really hate to beat a dead horse... No matter what I do, wether the car is turn on or off, the unlock switch on the door does not operate, but the locking part does. The passenger door switch works fine.
i can be standing outside the car with the door open and touch the door unlock button and it does not work. If I walk to the other side of the car, still standing outside the car, and touch the passenger door unlock switch, it works fine.
Yes I have read the manual and there is absolutely no possible way to program the door lock switch buttons to only operate from the passenger side and not the driver.
(incidentally HOXXOH, my 'other' post wants to know how to remove the switch and I would appreciate you, as a 'CF Senior Member' not be condescending and ask me to go to the dealer and have them read the manual to me)
Old 09-17-2017, 02:42 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,060 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by JsC6
I really hate to beat a dead horse... No matter what I do, wether the car is turn on or off, the unlock switch on the door does not operate, but the locking part does. The passenger door switch works fine.
i can be standing outside the car with the door open and touch the door unlock button and it does not work. If I walk to the other side of the car, still standing outside the car, and touch the passenger door unlock switch, it works fine.
Yes I have read the manual and there is absolutely no possible way to program the door lock switch buttons to only operate from the passenger side and not the driver.
(incidentally HOXXOH, my 'other' post wants to know how to remove the switch and I would appreciate you, as a 'CF Senior Member' not be condescending and ask me to go to the dealer and have them read the manual to me)
To save you the grief of R&R the perfectly good switch on the other thread, is why I suggested you read the manual to understand how the car works. Apparently you found that you can program to lock/unlock the driver's door, both doors, or neither door, but there is no option to lock/unlock just the passenger door, which is what you seemingly want the car to do.

Early on in the other thread you mentioned "I'm pulling up to curb and want to push unlock button/switch on drivers door so someone can get in car. Unlock doesn't work, but lock does. I have to reach over to passenger door to unlock switch/button on door to unlock door. Or put car in park."
What I don't understand is why you don't put the car in park for the safety of who may be getting in the car and for others who may be nearby in case your foot slips off the brake. It's a simple task, so can you explain the reasoning for not doing it? Also, why do you not want to program the switch for both doors? Both methods accomplish the goal, however shifting to park is safer.

Regarding condescending remarks, I should have said the dealer can explain it to you, rather than read it to you. Your " in the safety of my gated community" is every bit condescending too.

BTW, other than one post by HK770, who repeats the same info, no one else has offered any other solutions, since there are none to offer.

I'm done here.

Get notified of new replies

To Door locks

Quick Reply: Door locks