C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Pt.2???

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 05:10 PM
All Stock Ls2
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Battery Pt.2???

Hi everybody so I recently had an issue with my car starting I ended up changing a 9 year old red top for a brand new red top and everything was fine for a day. I was backing into a parking spot a day after changing the battery and suddenly my power steering went out along with my HUD and where it tells me the outside temperature and at the same time all lights came on I.E. service engine soon, check charging system, check tps and so on but the most interesting was where it told me th charging system was charging too much and sure enough my volt gauge was maxed out. As I drove the power steering along with all the other issues would come and go every minute or so and I parked the car and shut it off. The next day it was totally dead.. I checked the starter wires and all fuses and nothing. I know it's probably the voltage regulator and now my battery after being jumped and letting it idle is still only at 12.5ish but has drop d to 11.9. Another weird thing is there as "water" on and around my red top battery.. any ideas fellas? I want to get this resolved before deploying because I want to be able to enjoy the car when I get back not have to fix it thanks in advance everyone!! I'll add on to this but I'm just curious would a bad voltage regulator act fine the next day? I got it jumped today and it's been running fine. When I'm driving it's at 13.5ish volts and at idle relatively stable

Last edited by All Stock Ls2; 10-20-2017 at 05:33 PM.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:26 PM
All Stock Ls2
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

I checked all fuses and made sure I didn't have any lose wires/grounds to the starter also
Old 10-25-2017, 09:18 PM
myjdm
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would check all the fuses with a multimeter or a fuse tester tool

Get notified of new replies

To Battery Pt.2???

Quick Reply: Battery Pt.2???