C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Power passenger seat issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 01:53 PM
Josephcat
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default C6 Power passenger seat issue

Passenger Seat is stuck in full back position and can't get it to move forward to get at the rear seat bolts to remove seat. Is there a way to manually release the seat forward so I can get at the bolts??

Last edited by Josephcat; 03-11-2018 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-11-2018, 02:03 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

No.....but......you can make a power source and with some finessing hopefully get the seat to move.

Follow my link in post 2 in here and also post 3 has a pic of what you're looking to make:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1590661784
The following users liked this post:
Josephcat (03-12-2018)
Old 03-11-2018, 02:14 PM
Josephcat
Advanced

Originally Posted by RicK T
No.....but......you can make a power source and with some finessing hopefully get the seat to move.

Follow my link in post 2 in here and also post 3 has a pic of what you're looking to make:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1590661784
I should have been cleared i'm sorry. I have power but , both lumber support switches work fine just the front rear seat adjust along with raise lower do not work. The seat motor will run for a second then shut off and motor gets hot. I read in another post where the seat was removed, contacts cleaned and then re lubed and seat worked fine. At this point I just cant get at any of the guts.
Old 03-15-2018, 03:00 PM
Josephcat
Advanced

Passenger Seat is stuck in full back position and can't get it to move forward to get at the rear seat bolts to remove seat. Is there a way to manually release the seat forward so I can get at the bolts?? I have power but , both lumber support switches work fine just the front rear seat adjust along with raise lower do not work. The seat motor will run for a second then shut off and motor gets hot. I read in another post where the seat was removed, contacts cleaned and then re lubed and seat worked fine. At this point I just cant get at any of the guts.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:46 PM
Josephcat
Advanced

After much seeking I am of the opinion that there is no way to manually move the seat forward to get at the rear bolts to remove the seat to look at the guts and try and figure out why seat was stuck in lowest position all way back! Since it had power and after reading directions on how to remove seat switch (was easy) I took a chance and purchased a new switch for 125.00 (got it from dealer as I was afraid to purchase a used one) and I am happy to report that the seat is now working fine. Glad It was just a switch!!

Last edited by Josephcat; 03-27-2018 at 08:48 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Papic1 (03-28-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Power passenger seat issue

Quick Reply: C6 Power passenger seat issue