C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airbag issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 05:18 AM
Kimball
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Airbag issues

I currently get 6 flashes and then constant airbag warning.

I've checked under the seat and zip tied the connector, checked all the fuses and confirmed the main connector behind the radio bezel is connected.

Without the ability to get any codes read are there any other obvious things to try?
Old 03-26-2018, 05:54 AM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Received 230 Likes on 208 Posts

The flashing of the light is a code. I do not have the guide to tell you what that code means. Someone may be able to post a link to the codes and how to read them. That may help you but for safety reasons you are still going to need a scan tool to clear the code. Unlike engine codes, the airbag lights will not clear on their own once you repair the problem.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:03 AM
Kimball
Instructor

Originally Posted by User Omega
The flashing of the light is a code. I do not have the guide to tell you what that code means. Someone may be able to post a link to the codes and how to read them. That may help you but for safety reasons you are still going to need a scan tool to clear the code. Unlike engine codes, the airbag lights will not clear on their own once you repair the problem.
Ah, that I didn't know, so I maybe have fixed it with the underseat connector but it won't clear, looks like I really do need that tech 2, not cheap, £00 to £500 plus a canbus adapter. Ouch. Don't suppose you know if the guys using a tech2 for Vauxhall and Saab will have the corvette software ? That could mean most independents could clear it.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:06 PM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Received 230 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Kimball
Ah, that I didn't know, so I maybe have fixed it with the underseat connector but it won't clear, looks like I really do need that tech 2, not cheap, £00 to £500 plus a canbus adapter. Ouch. Don't suppose you know if the guys using a tech2 for Vauxhall and Saab will have the corvette software ? That could mean most independents could clear it.

I'm sorry, my knowledge is very limited about the SRS.

You very well could have fixed it. There is no way to tell without confirming the code and or clearing it to see if it returns. Good luck
Old 03-28-2018, 11:13 AM
Kimball
Instructor

So my two dtc codes re order are

Driver door module b1590 mirror vertical position failure.
Supplemental in restraint b1000 ecu percormance
B0051 deployment commanded

At least I know it has been in a crash now

However I can clear the b1000, no idea what the b1590 causes and the B0051 will not clear.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:18 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,007 Likes on 2,169 Posts

Originally Posted by Kimball
So my two dtc codes re order are

Driver door module b1590 mirror vertical position failure.
Supplemental in restraint b1000 ecu percormance
B0051 deployment commanded

At least I know it has been in a crash now

However I can clear the b1000, no idea what the b1590 causes and the B0051 will not clear.

Going to need either a new air bag module, or find someone beside GM to clear the codes on the module to reset it.

Hence when the car was crashed, it stored all the information for the crash event like speed, impact G force and such, and GM policy is not to clear such data since it may be needed at a later date for insurance.

As for a positive point, did manage to walk you through setting a TDS SPS account, so you could see if you can reflash the abs module firmware using SPS to see if it will clear the stored data to reset the module.

As for the b1590 code, will need to get in mirror to see what was broken and if you can fix it, or will need a new mirror.

Last edited by Dano523; 03-29-2018 at 01:19 AM.
Old 03-29-2018, 03:11 AM
Kimball
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dano523
Going to need either a new air bag module, or find someone beside GM to clear the codes on the module to reset it.

Hence when the car was crashed, it stored all the information for the crash event like speed, impact G force and such, and GM policy is not to clear such data since it may be needed at a later date for insurance.

As for a positive point, did manage to walk you through setting a TDS SPS account, so you could see if you can reflash the abs module firmware using SPS to see if it will clear the stored data to reset the module.

As for the b1590 code, will need to get in mirror to see what was broken and if you can fix it, or will need a new mirror.
Will try the reflash first. Thanks again.

Get notified of new replies

To Airbag issues

Quick Reply: Airbag issues