C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Instrument panel issues!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 08:14 PM
Carlos Hernadez
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instrument panel issues!

Hello, I am having instrument panel issues with my 2010 c6 3lt with a 6 speed. My volt meter (both analog and digital) are reading way over the actual. The gauge reads 15.2-15.7 however putting multiple multimeters to the battery as it's running says 13.8-14.2. Oddly enough my tpms sensors are also reading 5 psi higher than normal as well.

The car is bone stock. 132k miles
Old 05-22-2018, 06:37 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlos Hernadez
Hello, I am having instrument panel issues with my 2010 c6 3lt with a 6 speed. My volt meter (both analog and digital) are reading way over the actual. The gauge reads 15.2-15.7 however putting multiple multimeters to the battery as it's running says 13.8-14.2. Oddly enough my tpms sensors are also reading 5 psi higher than normal as well.

The car is bone stock. 132k miles
You have problems, since the instrument panel is telling you the voltage reading of the ECM, not the dash. Hence digital signal is set to the dash from the ECM, and its the ECM voltage that the dash is telling you isntead.

So it could still be the dash cluster that has a problem with it giving the wrong reading from the digital signal from the ECM to start with, but would get a Tech II on the car to start checking the voltages of the other modules as well. The BCM should be reading about 13.1 volts, and the rest of the module, including the ECM and RCDLR should be close to 13.1 as well.

If the module voltages check out as fine on the Tech II, then you know that voltage problem is the readout of just the dash gauge cluster/DIC instead. At this point, you can pull the dash cluster/its motor board to check for a problems, or if such board check eludes you, may have to replace the gauge cluster isntead. As for replacing the instrument panel, will still need a Tech II since mileage is stored in both the ECM and instrument panel, and until you flash the instrument panel, it going to give the wrong mileage reading for the car.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:56 PM
Carlos Hernadez
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you so much for the reply. It looks like I'm gonna need to be buying a tech II soon.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:19 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlos Hernadez
Thank you so much for the reply. It looks like I'm gonna need to be buying a tech II soon.
Tech II clone, or if you have a laptop, then VX GM nano instead.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ternative.html

Get notified of new replies

To Instrument panel issues!

Quick Reply: Instrument panel issues!