C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Charge Service system when car started

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 06:16 PM
joecam
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Charge Service system when car started

Hello,

I noticed a couple days ago when I start my car it tells me service charging system for roughly 10 seconds. It sits around 12V, and then goes to 14ish and fine the rest of the day. Is this something I should be concerned with?
Old 07-02-2018, 06:09 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,200 Posts

Originally Posted by joecam
Hello,

I noticed a couple days ago when I start my car it tells me service charging system for roughly 10 seconds. It sits around 12V, and then goes to 14ish and fine the rest of the day. Is this something I should be concerned with?
Yes, be concerned.

As for solves, start here,
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...nator-fix.html

Then here next,
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...intenance.html
Old 09-03-2018, 11:11 PM
joecam
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be doing these in the next couple of days.

I do have a question and narrowed down a little. When I am running my ac after my car warms up and I drive it for a while if I am sitting at a stop light the Voltage drops to around 10/12. When I start driving it goes back up to normal.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:07 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,200 Posts

Dash gauge and DIC voltage is telling you the voltage to the ECM module, which like other modules, get their power from the BCM and the BCM gets it power from the engine bay fuse box.
If the voltage to the modules drops below 12 volts, its going to cause the modules to program glitch. So about the lowest. that you want the dash or DIC to tell you voltage, is 12.5 or higher isntead. If you are getting reading of lower than 12.5 volts with everything on, including the lights and raditor fan, then need to find the problem as pointed out in the post I listed under voltage check points.

Get notified of new replies

To Charge Service system when car started

Quick Reply: Charge Service system when car started