C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hiw do I jump the AC low pressure switch????

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 05:39 PM
Myrddin6464
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Hiw do I jump the AC low pressure switch????

How do I jump the low pressure switch to get my AC compressor to turn on? I’m trying to diagnose the AC Compressor. My air stoped blowing cold so I picked up a can of Freon to recharge the system (AC Pro). I then noticed that the compressor is not engaging. I tried to remove the battery ground to see if the compressor would kick in after but that was a no go. I also tried switching the AC off and on with the snowflake button. All I know to try now (based off reading) is jumping the low pressure switch to see if the compressor will kick in and if so I can add some Freon quick while jumped.

Pics would be awesome, hope someone can help. Having a crummy day.

If it matters:
2005 C6 Corvette

Last edited by Myrddin6464; 07-21-2018 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-21-2018, 06:03 PM
jft69z
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 328 Likes on 267 Posts

I see a few things wrong with this situation. AC Pro in a can? Read this thread and maybe it will provide you some info.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1592757081
Old 07-21-2018, 06:40 PM
Myrddin6464
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

The re charge in a can is hit and miss, and I know that. But it’s a cheap place to start. I waited till the car was cool enough and I got in and noticed the plug for the clutch was pretty loose... I wanted to remove the plug and get a mirror or a camera in there to see what was up and guess what happened next... the clutch end of the plug simply fell off. So I take it I found the culprit.

Next quextion, is it worth trying to replace the clutch only? Or should I get a new compressor (or used) and remove and replace? If I have to RnR I will need to fill Freon and add oil if I remember right. Any thoughts or tips are welcome.

My day day just keeps getting worse I think I need to call it and start over tomorrow

Last edited by Myrddin6464; 07-21-2018 at 06:42 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Hiw do I jump the AC low pressure switch????

Quick Reply: Hiw do I jump the AC low pressure switch????