C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Toneau cover opens and hits the rear of soft top

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 11:29 PM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Toneau cover opens and hits the rear of soft top

2013 power top vert:: when lowering the top, top folds back, then the back of the soft (window) top folds forward so that when toneau cover opens it does not hit the rear of soft top. In my case, toneau cover opens then it comes into contact with the rear of soft top, stoping the toneau cover on the drivers side only? PS is fine clearance wise for toneau cover to open. I found that the PS pivot point is solid with no excess movement, but the DS HAS excess slop and movement at pivot point. I’m thinking that is the reason that the toneau cover hits the rear of soft top. My question is how to gain acces to the pivot point to check out if some bushing or pin is broken? Thank you!
Old 08-01-2018, 11:30 PM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by hotrod03
2013 power top vert:: when lowering the top, top folds back, then the back of the soft (window) top folds forward so that when toneau cover opens it does not hit the rear of soft top. In my case, toneau cover opens then it comes into contact with the rear of soft top, stoping the toneau cover on the drivers side only? PS is fine clearance wise for toneau cover to open. I found that the PS pivot point is solid with no excess movement, but the DS HAS excess slop and movement at pivot point. I’m thinking that is the reason that the toneau cover hits the rear of soft top. My question is how to gain acces to the pivot point to check out if some bushing or pin is broken? Thank you!
problem fixed by adjustments I found!

Quick Reply: Toneau cover opens and hits the rear of soft top