C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NPP Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 12:48 AM
cmurphy9900
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NPP Exhaust Question

I recently purchased a set of used NPP mufflers to install on my 2006 Corvette Base Z51. The exhaust system is completely stock other than the mufflers. I read threads and tried to do my research ahead of time but ran into some issues with the install. My understanding was that the mufflers should have hooked right up to the stock H-pipe as long as I used 2.5 inch to 3 inch adapters. I hooked the mufflers onto the exhaust hangers after routing them over the axles. After doing this, the inlets coming off of the muffler would not line up with the H-pipe. The end of the H-pipe was much wider (or flared) than the mufflers and the H-pipe was also about 6 inches too long. Has anyone else ran into this issue when doing this install? I would like to try to get this to work as I have already dropped the money on the used mufflers and the NPP in a Box.
Old 08-06-2018, 03:26 AM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Received 135 Likes on 115 Posts

First of all, what did you buy? Did you buy an actual NPP exhaust or the Z06 Dual mode mufflers? The NPP exhaust is 2.5 inches not 3 inches. The Z06 mufflers, however, are 3 inches.
Old 08-06-2018, 03:27 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,506 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Welcome to the forum. Just a tip to help you with future questions, is to fill out your profile with at least your state (better to include the city too) and a little bit about your car. When you have questions, people can look at your profile and not have to ask you questions first.

OK, so you'll see a grey strip above the first post that has "Search this Forum" or "Search this Thread". That'll help you find things easier.

What I assume you bought is Z06 mufflers, since you mentioned a 3" pipe. They are not NPP. Read this thread and you'll find more of how to install them on your car. The cut and weld method I explained (posts 12 and 29) will always work, no matter what year car or model or what year mufflers you have. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...n-base-c6.html

Get notified of new replies

To NPP Exhaust Question

Quick Reply: NPP Exhaust Question