C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

​​​​​​​LS9 A/C Compressor on LS2... which belt do I use?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 11:46 AM
Slick 6MT
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Default ​​​​​​​LS9 A/C Compressor on LS2... which belt do I use?

My OEM LS2 A/C compressor failed last year and I replaced it with an OEM LS9 compressor as the LS2 version was on national backorder. I've since shredded 2 OEM LS2 belts as it's clearly not the correct size. Has anyone done this and figured out the correct size belt?

Thanks so much,
Anthony
Old 08-08-2018, 08:37 AM
Slick 6MT
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Anyone?
Old 08-08-2018, 09:12 AM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Slick 6MT
My OEM LS2 A/C compressor failed last year and I replaced it with an OEM LS9 compressor as the LS2 version was on national backorder. I've since shredded 2 OEM LS2 belts as it's clearly not the correct size. Has anyone done this and figured out the correct size belt?

Thanks so much,
Anthony
the LS2 has a 4 rib belt stock and the LS9 is 6 rib.unless you have changed your harmonic balancer to 6 rib for AC you won't be able to run the 6 rib LS9 belt.if you replaced the pulley on the LS9 compressor with the one off your LS2 compressor everything should line up.if using stock LS9 6 rib pulley with the 4 rib LS2 belt make sure your belt is in the right set of ribs on the compressor.I did similar with my 8 rib ATI hb running the stock LS2 6 rib main belt in the correct ribs for a few years with no belt issues.check to see what ribs you are in on the LS9 pulley so that they line up properly

Get notified of new replies

To ​​​​​​​LS9 A/C Compressor on LS2... which belt do I use?

Quick Reply: ​​​​​​​LS9 A/C Compressor on LS2... which belt do I use?