C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for knowledgeable, reliable mechanic

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 07:50 PM
CarCrazyBen
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default looking for knowledgeable, reliable mechanic

Hello all! I just purchased a 2013 Grand Sport and am driving it back to Denver from Long Island. I have noticed a couple of issues which need evaluating and repair.
For example, the cigarette lighter does not work. The HVAC display panel also acts strangely; it randomly stops displaying and then comes back. Also, whenever I get in the car I hear several (many) electronic "clicks" which seem to come from the area of the ashtray. These sound like a relay or something is being tripped repeatedly and rapidly. Is this normal or perhaps something is loose? And.... the NAV display is rather blah & ugly; perhaps I need a software update?

Anyway, can anyone recommend a mechanic, preferably in the S.E. Denver or Englewood area? Thank you!
~~Ben
Old 08-31-2018, 12:37 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

You can resolve all of these things with basic hand tools. These are all good DIY fixes. Unfortunately, the HVAC display needs to be replaced and the NAV display cannot be upgraded. You can replace the NAV with aftermarket, which is what many of us do. While you have the console apart for the HVAC and/or NAV, have a look at the connector on the back of the cigarette lighter. The cigarette lighter being inop isn't that common of a problem, so I suspect someone either had the console apart or may have blown a fuse plugging something into they shouldn't have.

Edit: The clicks you're hearing are normal.

Last edited by Tech; 08-31-2018 at 12:37 PM.

Quick Reply: looking for knowledgeable, reliable mechanic