C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 fuel gauge dead after pump upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 08:07 AM
firemaker
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 fuel gauge dead after pump upgrade

I upgraded my ls3 pump to the z06 pump. After the swap the fuel gauge remains dead, regardless of the fuel level. Anyone had any issues with the fuel gauge after the pump change? Anything to keep a lookout for that's a common issue?
i know the issues with the sensors but it's a brand new part.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:11 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,793 Posts

If it gets held up on a line, or misaligned/etc, car just freaks out and reads zero.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:03 PM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 660 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
If it gets held up on a line, or misaligned/etc, car just freaks out and reads zero.
After the tanks are reassembled but still outside the car, check the resistance of the level senders. Once with each tank right side up, and again with each tank upside-down. Confirm that the resistance goes through the full range from empty to full.
Old 09-04-2018, 11:13 AM
Nick P
2nd Gear

So, I'm the guy, who's worknin on that car. The sliding contact on the level sender was pulled away, we bent it right and the fuel gauge worked fine. Now the car won't fire up - it cranks but doesnt start. We checked the bottom of the fuse box and pulled the pins of fuel pump relay a bit up, it doesn't help. We checked the fuel pressure and it was just 10 psi, so we checked the fuel tubing for leaks or bents - but everything seems fine. The car fired up in the morning as usuall, the issue came as we pulled out the fuel pump again.

What else should I check? There's no fault codes.

As the engine cranks, it seems it will start, there are couple of firings to hear but then it just cranks further - the sparks are there, so that seems to be just the fuel pressure caused problem, does it?

Regards,

Nick
Old 09-04-2018, 11:22 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Leak in the lines in the tank. Oring didn't seat correctly.

Welcome to world of corvette fuel systems. This is all pretty typical. They are huge pains in the ***.
Old 09-04-2018, 11:27 AM
Nick P
2nd Gear

Thanks for cheering up, the best thing the LS3 fuel pump and the Z06 fuel pump seem to be identical.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 fuel gauge dead after pump upgrade

Quick Reply: C6 fuel gauge dead after pump upgrade