C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pushrods in LS2

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 08:57 PM
JaSSon19
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pushrods in LS2

Hoping someone has similar setup and can give me a starting point on pushrod length stock ls2 stock mls gaskets 243s milled to 62cc thanks
Old 03-08-2019, 01:03 AM
rsb213
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

You're probably in the 7.375-7.400 territory depending on what lifters you are running, but you will need to measure.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:00 AM
Spaceme1117
Safety Car

Received 1,314 Likes on 886 Posts

You need to measure the pushrod length that you will need. Lots of how-to's on the internet to measure pushrod length in an LS engine.
Old 03-16-2019, 01:43 AM
Owenco
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Whatever you do, DONT just start throwing random length pushrods in as you could potentially cause serious damage to your motor. Do some research on how to measure for the correct preload depending on your lifter as different brand lifters call for specific preload ranges. My suggestion for necessary tools are the comp cams 7702 pushrod length checker and a reasonable 12'' digital caliper such as the 01409a Neiko. Basically, you ensure the valve you are checking for is on base circle using the EO/IC method(look it up). You can turn the motor over backwards with a 22mm socket on the alternator pulley. Once you have base circle on desired valve, remove the rocker arm and install the length checker. You need to adjust the length checker so that when you install the rocker, there is zero lash. It will take a few tries to get the length checker just right so that the rocker is BARELY touching it when torqued down. You dont want any pressure or space. Zero lash is key. Once you've adjusted for zero lash with the checker tool, take the checker out and measure it with the caliper. Just add the desired preload to the measurement for the correct pushrod length you need to order. I personally ordered custom length pushrods for every valve(which is more precise), but most people just measure one intake and one exhaust and just order one size. You can find videos for most all of this stuff. Do some digging, but I will repeat...DO NOT just throw some guesstimated pushrods into your engine, PLEASE!!! It is very critical

Get notified of new replies

To Pushrods in LS2

Quick Reply: Pushrods in LS2