C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the page need some insight on tire sizes please

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 11:13 AM
amalet5088
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the page need some insight on tire sizes please

OK first off guys go easy on me lol im new to the forum. Im sorry if this is repeated, i searched and couldn't find what i needed. So here is the issues im running with. I just bought an 05 c6 base 6mt and im looking on doing a drag pack in the rear mainly for roll races and looks hahaha. I ordered some 17x10 jegs ssr spike wheels then acquired some free 305/45/17 M/T etr. Although i love these tires and would love to run them im seeing there may be some issues. Will that tire cause an active handling issues? Abs? Engine Drag? I will be running a stock 245/40/18 up front. If it will not work what would be a good setup to run? Can you guys post some pics of your setups with just 17s in rear.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:08 PM
veneno
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

tires are fine but I dont think those rims will fit they will stick out past the fender unless you have z06 fenders
Old 03-16-2019, 12:00 AM
C6slow
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered the exact wheels.let us know how they fit,or if you run into any clearance issues.

Get notified of new replies

To New to the page need some insight on tire sizes please

Quick Reply: New to the page need some insight on tire sizes please