C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drag radials and TPMS

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 01:39 PM
farmington
Safety Car

Received 1,119 Likes on 798 Posts
Default Drag radials and TPMS

Looking like I will need to do the PCV chamber(s) with a TPMS to use my drag radials at low pressure. Any tips to building these?
Old 05-26-2019, 03:06 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,006 Likes on 2,169 Posts

Just use Teflon tape on the end cap so it does not leak, glue the other pieces together, and put the shreader vavle on the end of the round cap side of the thread in side.
On the canistor, just pressuize it to 32ft lbs, and all will be good for the car.

So,e guys will use double glue in end caps, but if you need to get to the TPMS's to re program them to the RCDLR, have to cut the tube open so you can program them in one at a time.

Also, just Clone your current TPMS in your street tires to the new clone TPMS, so when you pull the street tires and drop in the drag tires all 4 corner, you don't have to reprogram the new drag set of TPMS in again/then street tire TPMS back in after you pull the slicks.
Note, keep the canistor in your tow trailer in wrapped with some aluminum foil so the car will not pick them up as you two the trailer, then pull the foil off when you install the drags/put the canistor in the car, then back in the foil in the wheel trailer box when you put the streets back on.

As for cloning, pretty simple, since you just need to pull the info from the existing TPMS wheel, then clone that info back into the new clone TPMS for each wheel tpms.

Last edited by Dano523; 05-26-2019 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-26-2019, 03:16 PM
farmington
Safety Car

Received 1,119 Likes on 798 Posts

I have TPMS in the wheels with the DR’s now. Was just going to take them out for the PCV.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:30 AM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

install the 2 you remove from the rear and place in PVC tube.They will program while inside the tube with no issues.It is quite difficult to get caps on tube not to leak without glue on them

Last edited by irok; 05-27-2019 at 07:32 AM.
Old 05-27-2019, 11:24 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,060 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

I'm still wondering what you're doing that makes you feel the need to fool the car into believing all the tires have good pressure. If the little red light on the dash bothers you that much, just put a piece of tape over it.

I never had sensors in my drag pack, whether I drove on them to the track or trailered the tires. At one point, I ran some tires/wheels with no sensors for 8-10K miles, including a trip to OH, and at speeds well into 3 digits, without problems. My current DR's are too old and hard for the track, so I'm having a little fun running them on the street until they're used up. The street tires in the garage with the sensors keep the car thinking everything is cool for the first 20 miles or minutes before the red light comes on.
Old 05-27-2019, 01:07 PM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

Received 775 Likes on 504 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C6 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by farmington
Looking like I will need to do the PCV chamber(s) with a TPMS to use my drag radials at low pressure. Any tips to building these?
Waste of time and money.

Without having any sensors the worst that happens is you get a warning light on the dash and you're limited to only being able to turn TC off instead of AH as well (which you don't want to do anyway).

The only time the car cares about your tire pressure being too low is if it can actually detect the tire sensors, like I've had happen a few times when I left the street tires in my trailer. Other than that you'll be perfectly fine without them like I've been doing for well over a decade.

Get notified of new replies

To Drag radials and TPMS

Quick Reply: Drag radials and TPMS