C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about double fuse with tail going nowhere

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 12:36 PM
mazzerman
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Question about double fuse with tail going nowhere

Guys I have a question about what looks like a mod to the passenger footwell fuses.
On the furthest right fuses there is a double piggyback fuse with a tail wire plugged into the wiper fuse.
The tail is loose and not connected to anything. The reason I was looking at fuses is that my power amp has stopped working. It has an aftermarket head unit so I'm thinking it is a mod to do with that. The only problem is that I don't know where to bridge the tail part into. Any advice Please?
Old 05-28-2019, 02:59 PM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by mazzerman
Guys I have a question about what looks like a mod to the passenger footwell fuses.
On the furthest right fuses there is a double piggyback fuse with a tail wire plugged into the wiper fuse.
The tail is loose and not connected to anything. The reason I was looking at fuses is that my power amp has stopped working. It has an aftermarket head unit so I'm thinking it is a mod to do with that. The only problem is that I don't know where to bridge the tail part into. Any advice Please?

I wouldn't consider installing an amp powered off a fuse box like that. Power should be a large gauge fused wire direct to the battery. Or is it the factory amp?

Either way that wire shouldn't be for that. More likely it was an aftermarket accessory that was added then apparantly removed.

LED lights
Mild to Wild switch
Dash Cam
Garage door opener
Etc
Old 05-29-2019, 02:44 AM
mazzerman
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It is the factory amp. But aftermarket head which works fine.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:39 PM
jaki30
Safety Car

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

I believe that is the only fuse that is available controlled by the ignition switch. Usually used to power
aftermarket item(s) that need power only when the ignition is on. Eg., dash cam, radar detector, etc.
Also can be used to convert aux power or cigarette lighter to switched outlet.
Member Kawasaki has a website showing the diy.
The following users liked this post:
mazzerman (06-07-2019)
Old 06-05-2019, 08:29 AM
danzio56
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 90 Posts

Check your owner's manual for the fuse box diagrams. On my '10 GS the amp fuse is located in the engine compartment fuse box and not the pass. footwell. On my car it's a J-Fuse (#31).
The following users liked this post:
mazzerman (06-07-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Question about double fuse with tail going nowhere

Quick Reply: Question about double fuse with tail going nowhere