C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need mod advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 02:08 PM
GodOfClutch
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need mod advice

I have a stock ‘13 GS. I think it’s about time I put a cam, headers/x-pipe in it. I am going na for now because I don’t want to spend too much money on an A&A. I am wondering if I should go with a stage 2 or 3 since it’s my daily. I’d like more power but don’t know if the stage 3 would be bad for a daily. Also what is a good price for labor on the cam? I called a shop and they told me 1600 then a few days later said 2000 + 650 for a tune. What range should I look for in a shop for cam labor and a tune? I’m unsure if I want a cai because I’ve heard they don’t do much, also not sure if I want solid motor mounts? Overall I still want to daily it and occasionally take it to the drag strip. I ran 8.5 1/8th does anyone know what kind of gains I can get with this setup? Any advice helps, thanks
Old 06-05-2019, 04:09 PM
myredhead1
Melting Slicks

Received 431 Likes on 356 Posts

Is the car an A6 or M6? If an auto, you will want to stay with a mild cam unless you change to a higher stall converter. If using as s daily, I personally would stay on the smaller side to allow a tuner to give you better street manners. Good luck in your research and keep us posted on your decision. As far as price, $2100-$2600 sounds about right depending on if you change springs, etc.

Last edited by myredhead1; 06-05-2019 at 04:10 PM.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:29 PM
farmington
Safety Car

Received 1,119 Likes on 798 Posts

I have seen a shop here charging $2500 which included all parts and the tune.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:37 PM
TOM WELCH
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I suggest calling the Guerra Group and have them spec you a custom grind that fits what you want the car to do. These guys know their stuff, or call some of the vendors~~~~~~>and solicit opinions, Tony Mamo comes to mind, as well as Ragin' Racing & Vette Air, Carlos is good people, there are many others, in my opinion less is more for a daily driver. More reliability, more driveability...
The following users liked this post:
KW Baraka (06-05-2019)
Old 06-05-2019, 04:50 PM
KW Baraka
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by GodOfClutch
.....I think it’s about time I put a cam.......I am wondering if I should go with a stage 2 or 3 since it’s my daily. I’d like more power but don’t know if the stage 3 would be bad for a daily.......
You need to have a cam selected based off actual specs.....since "stage 2 or 3" cams are different from one company to the next.

In other words.....those terms mean close to nothing.

KW

Get notified of new replies

To Need mod advice

Quick Reply: Need mod advice