Notices
C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 ī12 wont start

Old 07-10-2019, 11:16 AM
marpet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 ī12 wont start

Hey,

I need some help to figure out where i have to look next. A week or 2 ago i got the message "Service Electrical System" in the DIC. This was after i went to my tuner to get all rear O2 codes disabled. I donīt think that because of that.
Yesterday i went and unplugged the battery to check i everything is alright withe all the connection. I forgot the jackpads in the trunk so i opened it with the key.
I check all sparkwires, refitted the fuses and relays in the engine bay, looked up the O2 cables under the car. Everything is fine.
I noticed that the IGN cable was slightly loose on my Powermaster XS starter. Refitted that. Reconnected the battery and the alarm went off. Disabled it with the FOB.
Wanted to start the car. Nothing. Just clicking like if the starter gone bad.

Things I have tried so far:
- New battery
- Charged the old and the new battery
- Changed the relay for crank and starter with the defog relay
- Routed a seperate cable from the IGN on the starter to the BAT connection to see if its turning. Itīs turning so i would say its not the starter.
- Replaced the battery in the FOB
- Had the fob in the glove box
- Tried to lock the car with remote, unlock it, sit in the car and close the door and start it. I tried that between everything and i started but not afterwards.

Do you have any tips what i can check?
Is it the BCM?
The Start button?

Regards from Sweden
/Marcel
Old 07-17-2019, 04:53 PM
Shannon Arceneaux

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default did you find your answer

Originally Posted by marpet View Post
Hey,

I need some help to figure out where i have to look next. A week or 2 ago i got the message "Service Electrical System" in the DIC. This was after i went to my tuner to get all rear O2 codes disabled. I donīt think that because of that.
Yesterday i went and unplugged the battery to check i everything is alright withe all the connection. I forgot the jackpads in the trunk so i opened it with the key.
I check all sparkwires, refitted the fuses and relays in the engine bay, looked up the O2 cables under the car. Everything is fine.
I noticed that the IGN cable was slightly loose on my Powermaster XS starter. Refitted that. Reconnected the battery and the alarm went off. Disabled it with the FOB.
Wanted to start the car. Nothing. Just clicking like if the starter gone bad.

Things I have tried so far:
- New battery
- Charged the old and the new battery
- Changed the relay for crank and starter with the defog relay
- Routed a seperate cable from the IGN on the starter to the BAT connection to see if its turning. Itīs turning so i would say its not the starter.
- Replaced the battery in the FOB
- Had the fob in the glove box
- Tried to lock the car with remote, unlock it, sit in the car and close the door and start it. I tried that between everything and i started but not afterwards.

Do you have any tips what i can check?
Is it the BCM?
The Start button?

Regards from Sweden
/Marcel
did you figure this out we are having the same kind of issues except ours starts sometimes and then when it doesn't it acts like it has no power
weve changed:
bcm
batterie
and fob
what did you find it to be?

2009 ZO6

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 ī12 wont start

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: