C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vette Lights: Morimoto C7-Style Headlights Fitment not great

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2020, 01:50 PM
magnoman
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Vette Lights: Morimoto C7-Style Headlights Fitment not great

Vette Lights: Morimoto C7-Style Headlights ,
Just installed one side Vette Lights: Morimoto C7-Style Headlights .Fitment not great around headlight seal to fender and front bumper shroud big gaps not tight at all . Tried adjusting fender no much better .
Anyone else have issues ?
Old 01-12-2020, 02:40 PM
SixAddict
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,120 Likes on 765 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Yes, what you have to do is get some fender washers and cut or grind a slit in them, this will make it easier to place under the mounting studs of lights.

Then taking your time slide fender washers under the lights onto studs until you get light sitting correctly.

If I remember right I used about two to three washers on each stud to raise light into proper fitment, remember the factory is turning the OEM studs to adjust light assembly. Now we have to use washers to adjust.

I removed the entire fender liner, very easy, so I could lay under light assembly to slide washers onto studs.

Old 01-12-2020, 04:12 PM
magnoman
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks ,
Crossed my mind to use washers . The Pass side fitment is fine drivers side need some work .
Will try the washers next 70 degree day we get here in NE in January ( crazy weather )
PS,
Also is it poss to access the aiming screws after light is installed ?

Old 01-12-2020, 04:36 PM
SixAddict
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,120 Likes on 765 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Take your time and use washers if need be, if not let it goes as is. Sounds like your doing fine.

If you look at top of fender liner you will see a rubber flap that is held in with the plastic push pins, open that up to get to adjustment screws.

Also if you PM Cole at Vette Lights he will tell you what screw does what,at this present time I forget. Also Cole is the one that told me about the washers for adjustment. He is more than willing to help the customer.
The following users liked this post:
wideglideleon (01-13-2020)

Get notified of new replies

To Vette Lights: Morimoto C7-Style Headlights Fitment not great

Quick Reply: Vette Lights: Morimoto C7-Style Headlights Fitment not great