C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pedal Commander

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2020, 03:42 PM
Catman58
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pedal Commander

What are your thoughts on Pedal Commander??
Old 10-18-2020, 07:12 PM
Iceaxe
Safety Car

Received 2,610 Likes on 1,395 Posts

The only down side to the Pedal Commander is it costs 3 times as much as similar products and does basically the same thing.

See Soler throttle controller and Vitesse throttle controller.

FWIW - I'm currently running a Vitesse, but if I were buying new today it would probably be the Solar simply because it's inexpensive. After playing with the various settings and finding what I liked I leave it there. It's been at least a year since I last played with the settings.

YMMV
The following users liked this post:
Catman58 (10-18-2020)
Old 10-18-2020, 10:16 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,597 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by Catman58
Didn't mean to how do I delete it?? Thanks for your input.
No worries, just contact a moderator and they will do it for you.
As far as the pedal commander, I would either go with the Vitesse or Soler throttle controllers. The pedal commander does not have a setting that is a true 1:1 ratio between the pedal and throttle, while those do.
Catman58 (10-18-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 10:45 AM
jonjoy
Burning Brakes

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Don't waste your money get a real tune
The following 5 users liked this post by jonjoy:
Catman58 (10-25-2020), Conchie13215 (12-22-2022), HowWhyWhyHow (12-27-2022), REKCUF (10-19-2020), tommyc6z06 (12-22-2022)
Old 10-21-2020, 01:16 PM
Trebor
Drifting

Received 256 Likes on 157 Posts

Can these things cause accidents? Say you are sitting in bumper to bumper traffic for a long time. You start to day dream because you are bored. Car up ahead has moved, you didn't notice. Guy behind you lays on his horn. Your reflex reaction is to goose it and bang , right into the guy's rear end in front of you.

Last edited by Trebor; 10-21-2020 at 01:20 PM.
Catman58 (10-25-2020)
Old 10-21-2020, 04:30 PM
64drvr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,870 Likes on 888 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Personally I think it is silly to purchase a biased throttle. 100% is 100%. I would imagine this makes the throttle harder to modulate on track too. However these companies are making revenue and I’m not, so I’m probably out of touch.

Last edited by 64drvr; 10-21-2020 at 04:32 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 64drvr:
Catman58 (10-25-2020), tommyc6z06 (12-22-2022)
Old 10-21-2020, 05:31 PM
MysteryMob
Pro

Received 180 Likes on 128 Posts

I'd rather spend that money on a tune.
Catman58 (10-25-2020)
Old 12-17-2022, 03:25 PM
spen625
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Is there a common setting that everyone likes for the Soler? Understanding everyone has their own preference, what setting have you found and liked?
Old 12-20-2022, 09:16 AM
jonjoy
Burning Brakes

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

The garbage can.
Old 12-22-2022, 08:29 AM
vette2021
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

I have the Vitesse and it works great, wakes up the car so you don’t have to push the pedal 50% to get 30% response. I keep mine on SP6 and makes the car much more fun to drive. Probably a waste of money with a manual but fun with an auto.

Old 12-22-2022, 09:36 AM
tommyc6z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 452 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

Originally Posted by lrobe22
Personally I think it is silly to purchase a biased throttle. 100% is 100%. I would imagine this makes the throttle harder to modulate on track too. However these companies are making revenue and I’m not, so I’m probably out of touch.
You are 100% spot on correct. One of the things I had adjusted with my tune is to reduce the overly sensitive, sharp, artificial feeling throttle in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th between 3k and 5k rpm. Simply put, its not linear and makes easing into the throttle when exiting a curve very difficult, often forcing you to have to back out once you've already started accelerating.

Anyone who drives their car on track will attest to this. racers want a truly linear throttle. The only C6s I ever drove on track are my Z06 and a friend's C6 ZR1 ...neither had any throttle lag. But both were overly acute. Perhaps other models do lag...I don't know.

Drag racers, will disagree of course

In fact, most modern automatical cars with a sport mode (besides choosing lower gears and holding them longer before an upshift), really only eliminate some annoying throttle lag and just create an artificial sense of more power by opening the throttle in a non linear fashion.
I had one of these devices plugged in behind the throttle of another car (Porsche Cayenne S ...tow vehicle), solely to eliminate a terrible 1 second throttle lag. But, it also affected fuel economy slightly.

Anyhow, another thing a real tune can do is to reduce the delay when shutting the throttle, thereby making down shift heel and toe rev matching easier than it is with the throttle hanging open a moment.

Oh...how I miss a good ol' throttle cable...one without an 'artificial' cam on the bellcrank to make it appear that the car has more oomph
vette2021 (12-22-2022)
Old 12-24-2022, 05:25 AM
Iceaxe
Safety Car

Received 2,610 Likes on 1,395 Posts

Originally Posted by tommyc6z06
You are 100% spot on correct. One of the things I had adjusted with my tune is to reduce the overly sensitive, sharp, artificial feeling throttle in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th between 3k and 5k rpm. Simply put, its not linear and makes easing into the throttle when exiting a curve very difficult, often forcing you to have to back out once you've already started accelerating.

Anyone who drives their car on track will attest to this. racers want a truly linear throttle. The only C6s I ever drove on track are my Z06 and a friend's C6 ZR1 ...neither had any throttle lag. But both were overly acute. Perhaps other models do lag...I don't know.

Drag racers, will disagree of course

In fact, most modern automatical cars with a sport mode (besides choosing lower gears and holding them longer before an upshift), really only eliminate some annoying throttle lag and just create an artificial sense of more power by opening the throttle in a non linear fashion.
I had one of these devices plugged in behind the throttle of another car (Porsche Cayenne S ...tow vehicle), solely to eliminate a terrible 1 second throttle lag. But, it also affected fuel economy slightly.

Anyhow, another thing a real tune can do is to reduce the delay when shutting the throttle, thereby making down shift heel and toe rev matching easier than it is with the throttle hanging open a moment.

Oh...how I miss a good ol' throttle cable...one without an 'artificial' cam on the bellcrank to make it appear that the car has more oomph
WOW! This post is filled with so much bad information I wouldn't even know where to begin. Have you ever even used a TC? Because your lack of understanding of what it actually does is mind numbing.

The first thing a throttle controller allows you to do is create a more liner throttle response, which is exactly what your posts suggests is the best course of action. But then you head off on some tangent about how that's bad when a TC does it and should only be done with a tune. But what the hell do I know. I've only ever won two SCCA National Championships so I'm probably talking out my ***.

Bottom line most street drivers will discover a throttle controller makes their car a lot more fun to drive and in the end that's all the large majority of forum members desire.

Last edited by Iceaxe; 12-24-2022 at 05:46 AM.
Renarello (01-02-2023)
Old 12-24-2022, 09:52 AM
tommyc6z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 452 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Iceaxe
WOW! This post is filled with so much bad information I wouldn't even know where to begin. Have you ever even used a TC? Because your lack of understanding of what it actually does is mind numbing.

The first thing a throttle controller allows you to do is create a more liner throttle response, which is exactly what your posts suggests is the best course of action. But then you head off on some tangent about how that's bad when a TC does it and should only be done with a tune. But what the hell do I know. I've only ever won two SCCA National Championships so I'm probably talking out my ***.

Bottom line most street drivers will discover a throttle controller makes their car a lot more fun to drive and in the end that's all the large majority of forum members desire.
I said that my tune works better by creating a more desirable linear response curve for me in my corvette, on track. Other models may vary. Mine was too acute (street was unnoticeable and fine).
Whereas a plug in TC did not, on a another (albeit street only driven) vehicle. All it did was emulate an already existing sport mode setting by taking out some annoying delay but making the throttle too acute. It was wasted $$ and ultimately, a tune rectified that too.. I threw that TC away
That's my experience, so, I feel investing in a tune is a better solution. That's all.

BTW, congrats on those SCCA Championships!

Get notified of new replies

To Pedal Commander

Quick Reply: Pedal Commander