C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are these #'s typical for this build?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2021, 01:51 PM
grpweld
Pro

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Are these #'s typical for this build?

05, LS2 W/LS3 intake & heads, 225/233 114LSA, 3.15 gear, A4, stock exhaust, 11.5:1 C.R. timing only @19/21 max & O2 at 11.7AFR @ WOT because of pump gas. I'm currently tuning it for the street, & will tune for the track (drags) soon with higher octane& more timing & leaned out a bit. So what do you think am I missing some or is this about what's to be expected?
P.s. It was on pace to run 11.7 @ 122 with a 1.9 60'

Old 10-19-2021, 09:37 PM
slowtealz28
Safety Car

Received 408 Likes on 306 Posts

What are you exactly asking? Is that a good 60-130 time? This is the corvette forum, most don’t drag race let alone log pulls on drAgy. Was this on the street or the track? If on the street I would say based on your estimated end result, that’s not bad. If your on the track I would say that’s bad.
Old 10-19-2021, 10:47 PM
grpweld
Pro

[QUOTE=slowtealz28;1604188180]What are you exactly asking? Is that a good 60-130 time? Yes for the setup I have
This is the corvette forum, most don’t drag race let alone log pulls on drAgy. I never thought that the performance section would be out of place for this question! I have no preconceived notion that Vette enthusiasts are different than other sports car enthusiasts!
Was this on the street or the track? YES
If on the street I would say based on your estimated end result, that’s not bad. If your on the track I would say that’s bad.[/QUOT
Thanks for your opinion slowteaz28
I was looking for a response like yeah for those mods your doing OK, or you've got some tuning to do! or no that's about all you can expect from it!

Last edited by grpweld; 10-19-2021 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-19-2021, 11:37 PM
vague
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

here are some 60-130 Vette times. If you click on a line, sometimes the link will include dyno numbers as well as timeslips in addition to the 60-130 numbers.

https://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-...MPH-times.html

and a list of other cars 60-130

https://www.dragtimes.com/vbox-60-130-times.php

a factor that is not necessarily shown in the 60-130 times is the DA (density altitude) which can have significant impact
Old 10-20-2021, 12:26 AM
vague
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

here's another thread with some high hp Z06s

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...0-times-6.html

Old 10-20-2021, 03:58 PM
slowtealz28
Safety Car

Received 408 Likes on 306 Posts

[QUOTE=grpweld;1604188432]
Originally Posted by slowtealz28
What are you exactly asking? Is that a good 60-130 time? Yes for the setup I have
This is the corvette forum, most don’t drag race let alone log pulls on drAgy. I never thought that the performance section would be out of place for this question! I have no preconceived notion that Vette enthusiasts are different than other sports car enthusiasts!
Was this on the street or the track? YES
If on the street I would say based on your estimated end result, that’s not bad. If your on the track I would say that’s bad.[/QUOT
Thanks for your opinion slowteaz28
I was looking for a response like yeah for those mods your doing OK, or you've got some tuning to do! or no that's about all you can expect from it!
I was asking you questions because your wording was vague and I didn't want to go off on a tangent about something you aren't asking about. I think the 60-130 times are pretty solid, but I will admit I don't follow those times anywhere near as close as 1/4 mile racing. And your question is not "out of place", I was simply trying to warn you that you werent likely to get many replies due to many corvette owners not tracking their car, let alone going out and doing 60-130 pulls with a dragy. You answered yes to the question was this on the street or the track, so I still don't know which one. If on the track, the estimated 1/4 mile time is a little slow but there are bunch of factors such as DA, elevation etc so I wouldnt flat out say its bad or slow for sure without more info.
Old 10-20-2021, 05:14 PM
grpweld
Pro

[QUOTE=slowtealz28;1604191627]
Originally Posted by grpweld

I was asking you questions because your wording was vague and I didn't want to go off on a tangent about something you aren't asking about. I think the 60-130 times are pretty solid, but I will admit I don't follow those times anywhere near as close as 1/4 mile racing. And your question is not "out of place", I was simply trying to warn you that you werent likely to get many replies due to many corvette owners not tracking their car, let alone going out and doing 60-130 pulls with a dragy. You answered yes to the question was this on the street or the track, so I still don't know which one. If on the track, the estimated 1/4 mile time is a little slow but there are bunch of factors such as DA, elevation etc so I wouldnt flat out say its bad or slow for sure without more info.
Yes it was on the street (my bad)
I wish I was a better writer! I know what I want to say or ask but when I write it (type) down it doesn't always come out right, so yeah thank you for asking and clarifying. The only track (1/4 mile) within a couple hundred miles has been closed since the start of covid19. Back then it ran 12.0 @118mph. Since then I have went ^ on the cam & compression & had the heads messaged, & installed better valve springs & lightweight intake valves

Get notified of new replies

To Are these #'s typical for this build?

Quick Reply: Are these #'s typical for this build?