C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Memory Seat Module replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2022, 01:56 PM
l68stingray
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 2008 Memory Seat Module replacement

I have 2008 4LT coupe, The seat memory has been intermittent for years, I finally decided to purchase a new Seat memory module from GM Parts direct. I installed i according to the instructions in the service manual. Once installed the steering telescopic function did not work. The seats moved but setting the memory according for each of the FOBs did not work. The memory recall function didn’t work.either. I reinstalled the original module and everything worked but they are still intermittent. I thought I might have a defective part but according to GM Parts Direct they stated that I need to bring it to a dealer to get it programmed for the car. ANo where in the service manual does it mention reprogramming the module.

Has anyone ever replace the seat memory module? Did you have to bring it to the dealer to be programmed?

Old 05-13-2022, 03:32 PM
wjnjr
Melting Slicks

Received 936 Likes on 589 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

The parts guy was partly right (pun intended).

When the memory module is replaced, it must first be calibrated with the seat and steering wheel travel limits. Then, it can be programmed with the driver 1&2 driving positions and "ejection seat" positions.

However, the procedure is easy and can be done by you without a Tech2. No need to go to the dealer.

From the service manual:

Old 05-13-2022, 04:17 PM
l68stingray
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the info. When I installed the new module I couldn’t get the telescoping to work. The wheel was all the way in at the stop (made it easier to remove the seat) and wouldn’t move at all.

I adjusted the seats as outlined above and they did not stay in the memory. Another interesting issue was when I reconnected the battery it took a while before it would start. It was almost as if the battery was dead.

Get notified of new replies

To 2008 Memory Seat Module replacement

Quick Reply: 2008 Memory Seat Module replacement