C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS disable

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2023, 10:17 AM
DLC Vette
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default TPMS disable

I have a 2009 Z06 that I track only. I have two sets of wheels/tires that I run.
Is there a way to disable the TPMS system so I don't have to re-sync every wheel change?
(Except the pressurized container in the car trick?).
Old 06-26-2023, 04:22 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,041 Likes on 2,189 Posts

Yes, but how good are your software skills.
Hence just need to use a C++ cracking program to go into the BCM firmware file, get past is security encryption, and program out TPMS motoring.

If our looking for a pre built Firmware file that you could use SPS, maybe, but would need to crack GM's VCI method of downloading a non standard Frimware file to get that Firmware file into SPS for that Vin number, then could flash it that way.

Old 06-26-2023, 04:41 PM
C6_Prodigy
Pro

Received 340 Likes on 215 Posts

Some people just put 4 TPMS sensors in a PVC pipe, cap the ends, fill the pipe to an acceptable PSI, and leave it somewhere in the car.

I've read mixed results with that working, but it's a mechanical solution without attempting to do what Dano laid out.
Old 06-26-2023, 09:34 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 714 Likes on 495 Posts

disconnect the steering sensor and turn off TC....you will still have ABS but nothing else.
The following users liked this post:
C6C3Vettes (06-29-2023)
Old 06-28-2023, 10:17 AM
Jfryjfry
Burning Brakes

Received 208 Likes on 168 Posts

I have an 06 z. Disconnecting the steering wheel position sensor made it so that not having the tire pressure hasn’t caused any issues but I still will get messages about tire pressure.

also, for me, it did NOT turn off active handling. It put it into race mode I believe. Still have abs and still have a level of Ah. I am guessing it is that vs traction control but maybe it’s that.

I just fixed my non-op tc button and can now it appears that I can finally manually turn it all off but haven’t been to the track since.

Get notified of new replies

To TPMS disable

Quick Reply: TPMS disable