C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harmonic balancer replacement cost?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2024, 07:35 PM
Mikey72
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harmonic balancer wobble

Does this look like it needs replacement or is the wobble okay?

Old 05-19-2024, 08:13 PM
Iowa
Burning Brakes

Received 489 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey72
Does this look like it needs replacement or is the wobble okay?

https://youtube.com/shorts/WMFHmplg9...pNeNYrwKU3QeXP
My 07 with 21k looks similar. Took the car to a dealer for a recall and another shop to have brake fluid flushed and asked both to look at it. Both said it's fine and just to keep an eye on it and check it every oil change. If it gets worse it's a sign it's going to fail and I'll have it swapped at that point.
The following users liked this post:
Mikey72 (05-20-2024)
Old 05-21-2024, 10:55 AM
jonjoy
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 128 Posts

Some wobble okay. Too much not okay. Most of you don't know how the thing works. Inner steel wheel with outer steel wheel bonded together with rubber it's supposed to move, that's how it "balances "
Old 05-22-2024, 09:37 AM
65 Drivr
Drifting

Received 122 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by TCW
I belong to the East Tennessee Corvette Club with over 400 members. I know of no C6 owners that have had these problems.

That being said, I don't think these problems are as wide spread as it might seem.

Tom
I have owned four C6's including my current one. My 1st one was an 08 6spd with 45k miles and had to have the clutch slave MC replaced and the headlight harness repaired under warranty. 2nd one was an 09 auto that had to have the HB done and the Cats replaced (under warranty). 3rd one was an 07 auto that had the fuel pump and gas tank elbow replaced by the PO. It also had the known trans shifting flaring issue on the 2-3 shift. My current one is an 08 auto vert with 20k miles and I replaced both rear wheel bearings due to the axle nuts not being properly torqued (known issue) and I had to replace the shifter which broke.
If I buy another C6 I will be looking for it in Tennessee!

Quick Reply: Harmonic balancer replacement cost?