C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to replace Right Rear ride adjuster bolt, 2011 GS

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2024, 10:22 AM
robert.m.kalis
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 61 Posts
Default How to replace Right Rear ride adjuster bolt, 2011 GS

Can someone please share a video or describe the step by step procedure for replacing only 1 rear side height adjuster?
I will be using jack stands and a floor jack.
Thanks for your help
I could just start unbolting stuff but I'm sure there are some lessons learned from you experienced members I would like to take advantage of
Cheers
Old 04-28-2024, 11:24 AM
gdmoore01
Burning Brakes

Received 555 Likes on 385 Posts

Maybe this will help. Document attached. The last page has an alternate method that releases the spring pressure on the bolt to ease adjustment/removal. That method intrigues me, although I have not attempted the procedure.

Good luck and let us know how you proceed?

GD
Attached Images
Old 04-28-2024, 11:58 AM
robert.m.kalis
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by gdmoore01
Maybe this will help. Document attached. The last page has an alternate method that releases the spring pressure on the bolt to ease adjustment/removal. That method intrigues me, although I have not attempted the procedure.

Good luck and let us know how you proceed?

GD
Thanks for the document, should save me some time and headaches. The alternate method is just to take the pressure off the adjuster pad so the the bolt can be turned easier. I have used this procedure to do height adjustments. My problem is that one of my adjusters needs to be completely removed for replacement.
Old 04-29-2024, 10:29 AM
07BlackBlack
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

On my 07 z51 I had to unbolt the upper A arm to get enough clearance to remove the levelers, then the lower A arm will drop down far enough, just rotate the knuckle and axel shaft out of the way. Mine did have the z51 package so they were pretty stiff.
I did a jack under the lower A arm and took it barely off the jack stand for tightening, could also just put blocks under the lowers and put it all the way down.
Does it need an alignment after doing that? I had to.

Last edited by 07BlackBlack; 04-29-2024 at 11:44 AM.
The following users liked this post:
robert.m.kalis (04-29-2024)

Get notified of new replies

To How to replace Right Rear ride adjuster bolt, 2011 GS

Quick Reply: How to replace Right Rear ride adjuster bolt, 2011 GS