C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clunk/Rattle When Accelerating from Stop

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2024, 09:19 AM
neverstop90
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Clunk/Rattle When Accelerating from Stop

Car:
2005 M6 Z51 ~104,000

As the title says I get a clunk/rattle noise when accelerating from a stop. Noise seems to be coming from the front passenger side. The best way to describe the sound is "lug nut rolling around in a plastic container"; I say that because it sounds so similar to that I had to make sure there wasn't a lug nut in the glove box. I assume all of the bushings are original, car was a Florida for the majority of it's life.

I'm looking for suggestions on what to look for when I get it on stands to investigate.
Old 05-25-2024, 05:27 PM
Corvette_Dez
Pro

Received 177 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by neverstop90
Car:
2005 M6 Z51 ~104,000

As the title says I get a clunk/rattle noise when accelerating from a stop. Noise seems to be coming from the front passenger side. The best way to describe the sound is "lug nut rolling around in a plastic container"; I say that because it sounds so similar to that I had to make sure there wasn't a lug nut in the glove box. I assume all of the bushings are original, car was a Florida for the majority of it's life.

I'm looking for suggestions on what to look for when I get it on stands to investigate.
The first thing that comes to mind with a clunk on takeoff or turning is sway bar links. They go bad and come loose far too often.
Old 05-25-2024, 10:28 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 733 Likes on 512 Posts

they can also shift to one side and hit the lower control arm. Id inspect the bars, end links, shock nuts/bolts, upper and lower control arm bolts, caliper bolts, and the bearing torx bolts.
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteCam91ZO7 (05-25-2024)

Get notified of new replies

To Clunk/Rattle When Accelerating from Stop

Quick Reply: Clunk/Rattle When Accelerating from Stop