C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A Supercharger installed and tuned!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 11:03 PM
Dash4237
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default A&A Supercharger installed and tuned!!

Just got back in town from trip to DC and first thing I did was have the wife drop me off to pick up my Stingray from Joe @ Stenod Performance. Couldn't wait to get behind the wheel, the car was already fun! Now it's blast to drive only had about 10 mins behind the wheel before I was home and now about to get rest after long day of driving on road. I want to say thanks again to Joe for the install and Dr. Phil for his tuning! Also thanks to Andy and Josh for advice on picking my kit! My final numbers were 531 rwhp / 481 rwtq @ 6.25 lbs of boost w/ run conditions 95.36 F, 29.52 in-Hg. Humidity: 30% SAE: 1.03 (not sure what any of this means!) My car has no other mods besides A&A kit, it is a non-NPP and non-Z51 A6.

Still can't decide on next mods I was leaning meth install and pulley swap. But I'm also thinking CAM, headers and pulley swap and no meth. I have been reading these forum pages constantly looking for various people's opinion and looking at the routes they went. Still debating the meth because wife wants to road trip in car and also debating headers still.

Last edited by Dash4237; 08-07-2016 at 11:06 PM.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:26 AM
joemosfet
Burning Brakes

Received 318 Likes on 192 Posts

Congrats! Gotta love that seat-of-the-pants feel. A&A makes such a nice kit. Any pics?

Originally Posted by Dash4237
Still debating the meth because wife wants to road trip in car
What do you mean here? In a meth car, the meth is only spraying under high boost applications, so it's not like you're going to run out of meth while cruising down the highway. And even if you do end up running low on meth while driving, its easy enough to stay out of boost until you get a chance to refill it.

As for headers, the wife may not be as pleased with those - they add quite a bit of sound. However, if you have NPP exhaust, it does a very good job of quieting things down.

Consider it. My A&A kit with meth and headers makes 670rwhp. Of course, I'm finding that this still isn't enough power to satisfy my hunger, but it'll do for now.
The following users liked this post:
Dash4237 (08-08-2016)
Old 08-08-2016, 09:28 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Even if your car ran out of meth you could still drive it cross country. Just don't floor it and it's fine. The meth also takes a long time to run out.
Dash4237 (08-08-2016)
Old 08-08-2016, 11:57 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

No reason to worry about "road tripping" w/meth, as already stated.
Dash4237 (08-08-2016)
Old 08-08-2016, 02:23 PM
Dash4237
Advanced

Thanks everyone for the advice, that was a misunderstanding on the meth! I will definitely be adding meth and swapping pulley hopefully in the spring. It was late and after 8 hrs + on road I didn't feel up to adding more pics. Here they are.

(start up with blower)

Last edited by Dash4237; 08-08-2016 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:20 PM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Looks great, enjoy!
Dash4237 (08-08-2016)
Old 08-08-2016, 06:30 PM
VAVetteC7
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Sweet your going to love the additional horse power. I would look into a catch can real soon, not to warm a fuzzy about your current PCV setup.
Dash4237 (08-08-2016)
Old 08-08-2016, 07:01 PM
Dash4237
Advanced

OK, been looking at those couldn't decide best brand. I had one for my head/cam srt8. Is there a particular one anyone suggest. Will definitely have when I put back on road spring. Might try to find one on Christmas special! Or do I need to get one asap, your thoughts?

Originally Posted by VAVetteC7
Sweet your going to love the additional horse power. I would look into a catch can real soon, not to warm a fuzzy about your current PCV setup.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:50 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

Congrats. I'm sure you'll love it.
Sure is a nice looking kit!
I'm glad to see that you included a couple of pics with the radiator scoop installed. A lot of people assume that it won't fit with our system installed. It definitely does but looks much better in pictures without it.
These cars are very Octane limited. I built the kit with engine longevity in mind. Add some Octane (Torco or race gas) or Meth injection and the power potential goes WAY up even without changing the pulley size.
While a catch can is not a bad idea, you have to understand that I have to build these kits with CARB and EPA standards in mind. Other manufactures don't seem to bother with things like that. We use a 5/8" CARB approved vent line that recirculates back into the intake. The 5/8" diameter flows a lot of air and really helps with crankcase evacuation.
I did notice that your hose is a little different than the one we supply but would not affect air flow.
Since we went to the 5/8" line we haven't had any issues sucking oil. We've never see the need to install a catch can on a stock C7.
We did do a couple of LMR setups on fully built engines with big boost. That's the nicest setup I've seen
The main culprit for oil consumption is the dry sump tank. Oil is drawn off the top of the tank and back into the intake. We bypass this line to avoid this.
I'd definitely spend the money on a Meth kit before a catch can.

A&A CORVETTE
477 LAMBERT ST
OXNARD CA 93036
WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS
HOME OF THE WORLDS FIRST
CENTRIFUGALLY SUPERCHARGED C7

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Andy@AACorvette.com 805- 278 4107

Last edited by Andy@A&ACorvette; 08-08-2016 at 11:56 PM.
Dash4237 (08-08-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 12:11 AM
Dash4237
Advanced

Yes I'm loving this blower, it sounds and feels awesome!!! Yes sir, the radiator scoop bolts right on. I wasn't sure if I needed it or not, I didn't know if it was a bad idea to let water flow down into engine bay if driving in rain or hand washing? The engine bay does look better with the piping shining in the sunlight! I didn't notice that a hose that came with kit was not installed, is that an issue? Thanks for the information concerning the catch can, I definitely plain on a meth install at the bare minimum!

After a small discussion with the wife last evening might be pushing any other mods off for a year or two. Plan is to move from Michigan in under 4 years and head to Arizona or Texas, need to start placing funds in order for a new house she wants built! If you had asked me a year ago if I could see myself driving a Corvette (always wanted one), I would have said yeah right! Wife came through and also let me supercharge it too! I have to keep in mind a happy wife equals a happy life!

When the mods continue, I know one of them will have to be a roll bar, because I have to get to the track a couple times to see the quarter mile potential!

Originally Posted by Andy@A&ACorvette
Congrats. I'm sure you'll love it.
Sure is a nice looking kit!
I'm glad to see that you included a couple of pics with the radiator scoop installed. A lot of people assume that it won't fit with our system installed. It definitely does but looks much better in pictures without it.
These cars are very Octane limited. I built the kit with engine longevity in mind. Add some Octane (Torco or race gas) or Meth injection and the power potential goes WAY up even without changing the pulley size.
While a catch can is not a bad idea, you have to understand that I have to build these kits with CARB and EPA standards in mind. Other manufactures don't seem to bother with things like that. We use a 5/8" CARB approved vent line that recirculates back into the intake. The 5/8" diameter flows a lot of air and really helps with crankcase evacuation.
I did notice that your hose is a little different than the one we supply but would not affect air flow.
Since we went to the 5/8" line we haven't had any issues sucking oil. We've never see the need to install a catch can on a stock C7.
We did do a couple of LMR setups on fully built engines with big boost. That's the nicest setup I've seen
The main culprit for oil consumption is the dry sump tank. Oil is drawn off the top of the tank and back into the intake. We bypass this line to avoid this.
I'd definitely spend the money on a Meth kit before a catch can.

Last edited by Dash4237; 08-09-2016 at 12:12 AM. Reason: duplicated word
Old 08-09-2016, 12:15 PM
ChiefP
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

That's purty! Planning to go A&A myself. Assume you went with the loud BOV?
Dash4237 (08-09-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 12:45 PM
Dash4237
Advanced

Thanks! you know I didn't know it came with different BOV options, I love the sound though! I ordered their base kit! Loving it!!

Originally Posted by ChiefP
That's purty! Planning to go A&A myself. Assume you went with the loud BOV?
Old 08-09-2016, 06:54 PM
2014BlkVette
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Congrats! I know you're smiling from ear to ear. I love my Stingray now, but can't wait to get an A&A for it.
Dash4237 (08-09-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 07:12 PM
VAVetteC7
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Dash4237
OK, been looking at those couldn't decide best brand. I had one for my head/cam srt8. Is there a particular one anyone suggest. Will definitely have when I put back on road spring. Might try to find one on Christmas special! Or do I need to get one asap, your thoughts?

Read the below thread and you decide for yourself whether you need a catch can or not, personally I wouldn't run with out one. I'm running the Elite Engineering X2. If you do decide to run one and hook it up as designed, PM me and I'll fill you in on a few items you need to know before proceeding with the install.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1592753761
Dash4237 (08-09-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 07:27 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts

I like Mighty Mouse when it comes to catch can systems.
The following 2 users liked this post by Josh@AandASuperchargers:
Dash4237 (08-09-2016), David@MMS (08-10-2016)
Old 08-10-2016, 12:00 PM
David@MMS
Supporting Vendor

Received 221 Likes on 153 Posts

there is sucking oil on the vacuum side during normal pcv operation, and then as power goes up you can also begin to get oil blowing out the clean side.

take care of both of these at once with my PCV can

lt1 install almost identical to the below at 1khp capacity

as optioned on the website or i can build a custom invoice
http://www.mightymousesolutions.com/...tch-cans/w4v36
#mmsolutions
Six time NMCA True Street Champions

Home of the first Twin Turbo C7Z 7.81 @ 176
3470# Stock bottom end and heads Corvette Stock Bottom End Record Holder
Dash4237 (08-10-2016)
Old 08-10-2016, 01:29 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Did you want it tuned to a specific power level, wondering why the torque seems a bit low.

Where you are moving meth will be more important, heat and the fact you can hardly get anything except 91 West of Denver although I hear you can in Vegas.

On my car I picked up about 90rwhp and 35ft lbs. of torque with meth compared to the baseline.

Last edited by NoOne; 08-10-2016 at 01:31 PM.
Dash4237 (08-10-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To A&A Supercharger installed and tuned!!

Old 08-10-2016, 01:58 PM
ChiefP
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by NoOne

Where you are moving meth will be more important, heat and the fact you can hardly get anything except 91 West of Denver although I hear you can in Vegas.

On my car I picked up about 90rwhp and 35ft lbs. of torque with meth compared to the baseline.
Only 91 octane here in sin city.

90rwhp??? I had thought meth was good for half that. Typical alky system?
Old 08-10-2016, 02:01 PM
Dash4237
Advanced

I was wondering the same thing when I first got numbers! I was assured by Joe that Dr. Phil got it to where he thought it should be... I thought I would have had more torque as well as hp, but without have a before mod dyno I'm not sure what power I actually picked up from baseline. I'm also not sure if it was tuned for 93 which I assumed it was since other cars I have had done Michigan were. Before doing a deeper search of forums thought I would have picked up 8 lbs of boost in the beginning. I'm only at 6.25 lbs not sure if that's anything to do with numbers, I'm an auto as well. Josh @ A&A said that is right in line with what they see no other mods and base 4.0 pulley which is 6-7 lbs. I guess better safe then sorry. I probably would have asked for a 3.8 pulley if i had known this ahead of time. Like living life on the edge!! Meth will definitely be a must for me in the future to get to the power I want to the ground of 650 rwhp or so! I definitely realize it was that difficult to find anything higher than 91 out west, heck I remember running Suncos 94 grade few years back only place I would get gas! I picked up a nice amount of horsepower and torque, was that with the plate removed? How many pounds of boost? I'm hearing different things still up in air if I just add meth and tune or add meth, pulley and tune!?!

The car is extremely fast now compared to stock. Feels like its more then just a little boost added! Scared myself a couple times I can only imagine when I add meth like you!

Originally Posted by NoOne
Did you want it tuned to a specific power level, wondering why the torque seems a bit low.

Last edited by Dash4237; 08-10-2016 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-10-2016, 03:18 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by ChiefP
Only 91 octane here in sin city.

90rwhp??? I had thought meth was good for half that. Typical alky system?
Yeah, from 546/515 to 636/535 I think...have to find the sheet.

Quick Reply: A&A Supercharger installed and tuned!!