C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the best supercharger for C7

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 05:43 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 183 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy Barnaby
Hi All,

This question may have been asked and answered, but I didn't see it. I just purchased a 2017 GS and while I haven't had much nice weather to enjoy it, I know from past experience I will want to add more power. I have heard that with 2017 models cracking the ECU for tuning is more difficult or even next to impossible. Is that the case? Or can one proceed expecting similar results as what folks had with their 2013-2016? Thanks in advance.
We have already done several '17 GS models using our A&A SC kit and they work great!
HPTuners required us to be connected to WIFI when we did the initial read of the tune file and it does cost an extra $100 to unlock the VIN compared to pre-'17 files. It's not difficult or impossible, just one extra hoop to jump through. Once we did that we could tune as usual.

Give us a call for more info and pricing
805-278-4107 shop

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO VISIT OUR NEW WEBSITE AT WWW.AACORVETTE.COM
NOW PARTNERING WITH AFFIRM TO OFFER INTEREST FREE FINANCING!

A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
477 LAMBERT ST Ste A
OXNARD CA 93036
(805) 278-4107

Instagram @aacorvettesuperchargers
Facebook.com/AACorvette

Old 03-08-2017, 10:47 PM
theJudge1969
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

so what is your best price on an aa z51 2016
no special finishes w/tune
Old 03-09-2017, 11:47 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by schpenxel
There's one extra step required to get access to them but otherwise they can be tuned just fine on hp tuners
Same goes for EFI Live.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:18 PM
sales @ WXM
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Blck_c7
i am in the market for a kit but kinda undecided on the kit .... Procharger sounds very good with the blow off valve but I know it does have a lag .... What's out there that I can make 600rwhp with just long tubes and exhaust without touching my fuel system upgrade
As far as Centri blower's, I prefer Procharger. PD blowers I like Whipple. Everyone has their preferences, and reasons behind what they like. If you properly size a centrifugal supercharger, and spin it in its efficiency range you will not have lag. If you go with a PD unit, use the best heat exchanger system possible... Due to the power curve differences between the two types, Centri blowers are a little easier on drivetrain and traction IMO.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:42 AM
NinjamanZ51
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 102 Posts
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

I picked up a new A&A kit for an awesome price! Seems to be one of the best systems on the market but all of the others are good as well. Shooting for 600whp with Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers, 3" x pipe, and Corsa Extreme Axleback. Do y'all think a 3.6" pulley is a good choice or should I wait until I get some fuel upgrades done?
Old 03-21-2017, 06:31 AM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 865 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by NinjamanZ51
I picked up a new A&A kit for an awesome price! Seems to be one of the best systems on the market but all of the others are good as well. Shooting for 600whp with Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers, 3" x pipe, and Corsa Extreme Axleback. Do y'all think a 3.6" pulley is a good choice or should I wait until I get some fuel upgrades done?
you should run meth also with the 3.6 pulley. 10 ish psi and no meth isn't something I'd do.
The following users liked this post:
Josh@AandASuperchargers (03-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 08:22 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by C7&7
you should run meth also with the 3.6 pulley. 10 ish psi and no meth isn't something I'd do.
I have on the car now the A/A TI set up got to get the meth onto the car. I also am running the 3.6 pulley no way I would run this on my stock block without the meth.

I got all my stuff from Josh from A/A to much I think for no meth plus was told that from them. I will pull back timing on the car to hold it someplace from 650 to 675 rwhp. Robert
Old 03-21-2017, 10:14 AM
NinjamanZ51
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 102 Posts
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by robert miller
I have on the car now the A/A TI set up got to get the meth onto the car. I also am running the 3.6 pulley no way I would run this on my stock block without the meth.

I got all my stuff from Josh from A/A to much I think for no meth plus was told that from them. I will pull back timing on the car to hold it someplace from 650 to 675 rwhp. Robert
To be honest, if I were to go to the 3.6 pulley, I'd make sure the fuel is there to feed the motor and also built internally. I'm not a fan of meth because I think of it as a band-aid fix versus a permanent solution.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:45 PM
RelentlessSecurity
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TPSMak
Centrifugal Superchargers
Centrifugal superchargers are all very similar BUT ECS kits have a feature which others don't have which is the restrictor plate. The restrictor plate allows the car to have a lower TQ & HP curve than other Centrigual superchargers. A&A is the only centrifugal kit which is 50 State legal if smog is an issue for you. Procharger is the only one of the 3 which includes a tune. A&A uses Vortech Supercharger Head Units where as ECS uses Paxton... Paxton is owned by Vortech. Procharger is it's own brand. Benefits of a centrifugal supercharger over Positive Displacement superchargers for the C7 are they are cheaper, easier to install, make more top end HP, and are more traction friendly from the launch.

(PD)Positive Displacement/ Twin Screw/ TVS Superchargers
These units are what is installed in cars from factory for couple of reasons. #1-They generate more lowend TQ which is perfect for day to day driving. #2-They are generally have less maintenance issues than a centrifugal SC over the long run BUT I can honestly say I have NEVER had an issue with a ECS, A&A, or Procharger for ANY model year vehicle. One of the main issues of centrifugal superchargers in the past was belts getting chewed up but A&A and ECS have done an amazing job in designing brackets which eliminate that. The Edelbrock and Magnuson are both 50 State Smog legal. They also tend to look more OEM and factory like. The cons to a PD blower is they are more expensive, make less top end HP, and they can REALLY roast your tires in 1st gear

So when deciding which kit is right for you... the main thing you have to decide is "what type of driving you like to do?" Both types are a blast... they just feel and perform different
What setup would you recommend for this?

I'd like to add more HP but I don't need anything crazy. I want to stay where it's fun to drive and not a chore to keep traction. Also reliability is a concern. I'm probably one of the few that would be ok turning down the power to make both of these two requests happen.
The following users liked this post:
huntfortravel (01-30-2024)
Old 01-25-2018, 06:06 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by RelentlessSecurity

I'd like to add more HP but I don't need anything crazy. I want to stay where it's fun to drive and not a chore to keep traction. Also reliability is a concern. I'm probably one of the few that would be ok turning down the power to make both of these two requests happen.
You can't go wrong with our A&A SC Kit. You retain stock drivability and gain over 150-175 rwhp. You can make the same rwhp of a new Z06 for a fraction of the cost.

Our kit fits under stock hood and most people don't even know you have the SC unless you rev it up to make the blow off valve whoosh.

Our SC kit is less money than the Top mount blower kits. And if you like to attend car shows you will have plenty of attention when people stop by to see the Polished supercharger under the hood.

Old 01-25-2018, 08:31 PM
RelentlessSecurity
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh@AandASuperchargers
You can't go wrong with our A&A SC Kit. You retain stock drivability and gain over 150-175 rwhp. You can make the same rwhp of a new Z06 for a fraction of the cost.

Our kit fits under stock hood and most people don't even know you have the SC unless you rev it up to make the blow off valve whoosh.

Our SC kit is less money than the Top mount blower kits. And if you like to attend car shows you will have plenty of attention when people stop by to see the Polished supercharger under the hood.

Thanks!

Do you have a nonpolished version? I come from a different world in car tuning with imports so the next question may seem dumb. Can the stock components handle another 150hp without sacrificing reliability?
Old 01-25-2018, 09:48 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

Received 270 Likes on 204 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Thanks!

Do you have a nonpolished version? I come from a different world in car tuning with imports so the next question may seem dumb. Can the stock components handle another 150hp without sacrificing reliability?
PM sent...
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone #: 408/898-4632
Email #: MikeM@TPSMotorsports.com
Authorized dealer of Corbeau Seats, ECS Superchargers, Edelbrock SuperChargers, A&A Superchargers, Kooks, Whipple, Magnalow, Corsa, Borla. LG Motorsports, Procharger, Billy Boat Exhaust, AWE Exhaust, American Racing, TPS Brake Rotors/ Kits, Stainless Steel Brake Lines & much more...

Old 01-26-2018, 11:13 AM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Thanks!

Of course we also have the Blacked Out version. And yes these cars can handle the 150 rwhp gain and still be a fun reliable setup.

Old 01-26-2018, 11:07 PM
rb185afm
Drifting

Received 551 Likes on 327 Posts

Let’s say I want to just add 100 WHP. I think the GS at 500 to 525ish WHP will be perfect on a road course. I don’t want to open up the engine. I will probably just add longtubes and call it a day. However, sitting hear reading the forum, I comment to my wife how easy it is to add power with a SC. She said I want one, but you can go first lol. So it got me thinking, are there any low boost kits that can be configured for hard track use on pump gas? Would it be possible to run 4 or 5 pounds of boost with say the Procharger set up with Horizontal Intercooler?
Old 01-27-2018, 10:31 AM
sales @ WXM
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by rb185afm
Let’s say I want to just add 100 WHP. I think the GS at 500 to 525ish WHP will be perfect on a road course. I don’t want to open up the engine. I will probably just add longtubes and call it a day. However, sitting hear reading the forum, I comment to my wife how easy it is to add power with a SC. She said I want one, but you can go first lol. So it got me thinking, are there any low boost kits that can be configured for hard track use on pump gas? Would it be possible to run 4 or 5 pounds of boost with say the Procharger set up with Horizontal Intercooler?
For both cost and performance, our LT4 conversion kit is hard to beat for your application.

https://weaponxmotorsports.com/colle...e-camaro-gen-6

I'm all for centrifugal superchargers, but on a road course car a positive displacement supercharger is hard to beat. The PD supercharger will generate more torque in the lower rpm range, allowing you to accelerate out of the apex faster than a centri supercharged car with comparable horsepower output.

The pulley combination to make 500-525rwhp on a centrifugal supercharger like a Procharger P1SC on a C7 would place your powerband in a higher rpm, resulting in what guys describe as "lag".

I'm a fan of almost all the different types of power adders in the aftermarket world, but I don't think there is a definitive answer of what is best. We should view superchargers, turbos, nitrous, etc.. similar to how we view tires; what best fits your application.

Last edited by sales @ WXM; 01-27-2018 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:43 AM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

F1A should i say more?
Old 01-27-2018, 11:18 AM
Maximus68
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Blck_c7
i am in the market for a kit but kinda undecided on the kit .... Procharger sounds very good with the blow off valve but I know it does have a lag .... What's out there that I can make 600rwhp with just long tubes and exhaust without touching my fuel system upgrade
Buy a Z06
Like it did
You’ll be glad that you did
Like I am

Get notified of new replies

To What's the best supercharger for C7

Old 01-28-2018, 03:37 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

Received 270 Likes on 204 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Reliability is NOT an issue.. we've EASILY sold over a 100 A&A supercharger kits to Vette owners over the last 2 years with no issues..... Only issues which ever come about is when people want to push it pass reasonable limits
Old 11-22-2019, 07:25 PM
furious427
Drifting

Received 448 Likes on 321 Posts

Ok I am getting bored with my stock power, 2015 Z51 A8 Stingray. Thinking about getting a SC kit, not sure which one yet though,still looking at all the options. My question is, will my A8 hold up, these trannys are $$$ to repair.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:32 AM
nutbuster
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a Procharger D1SC with a 10 rib belt, Kooks headers and X pipe with cat delete. 562 RWHP. No lag at all, I don't now who told you there was lag but it is instant power! I just Love it.

Quick Reply: What's the best supercharger for C7