C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New build-going to the dark side

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 09:22 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,763 Likes on 1,530 Posts

Originally Posted by T/A KID
I see!! Well if you or they need any help, PM me!
Buddy tune was email to you hope you can see something in it to help. Robert
Old 06-28-2017, 10:16 PM
T/A KID
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 141 Posts

Default T

Originally Posted by robert miller
Buddy tune was email to you hope you can see something in it to help. Robert

Have him send it to Bencharles_10@hotmail.com

Haven't recieved anything yet
Old 06-29-2017, 09:57 AM
T/A KID
Drifting

He plan to send the file!?? I think I know what it could be, just need to look! I'll keep info between us
The following users liked this post:
robert miller (07-10-2017)
Old 06-29-2017, 10:40 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,195 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I'd be interested in knowing what it ends up being, privately if needed
Old 06-29-2017, 01:31 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

He plan to send the file!?? I think I know what it could be, just need to look! I'll keep info between us
Thanks buddy let me know here when you get it... Ben don't know why he has not sent the tune to you but he did say may been his system But if you could give him a call maybe a diff email address are what. His name is Matt owner of derailedmotorsports 615-991-3180 Thanks buddy for all your help. I really don't want to pay 350.00 for a tow bill back to the house and not get the car fixed Robert

Last edited by robert miller; 06-29-2017 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:56 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Default ttt

Ben thanks for the message man just let me know if you see what it is in the tune also. Again thanks for your time.. Ben if you get the problem work out just let me know man willing to pay for your help.. Robert
Old 07-03-2017, 07:18 PM
T/A KID
Drifting

Ben thanks for the message man just let me know if you see what it is in the tune also. Again thanks for your time.. Ben if you get the problem work out just let me know man willing to pay for your help.. Robert
Just looked at an idle log Matt sent me... long term fuel trims at warm idle are pulling up to -20% fuel, but honestly I don't see anything that would cause a misfire issue on the log..

I would swap plugs at this point and see if the problem perisists
Old 07-03-2017, 08:40 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Just looked at an idle log Matt sent me... long term fuel trims at warm idle are pulling up to -20% fuel, but honestly I don't see anything that would cause a misfire issue on the log..

I would swap plugs at this point and see if the problem perisists
Thanks buddy will let you know why up 20% at warm up and not when cold. Is it just in that tune you think are should it be like that. Robert
Old 07-03-2017, 10:27 PM
T/A KID
Drifting

Thanks buddy will let you know why up 20% at warm up and not when cold. Is it just in that tune you think are should it be like that. Robert
Which tube you using with A&A kit!? 3.5 or 4"
Cold vs warm running is different Bc of a different Hz range in the MAF sensor... I tend to have my long terms within 5%, not 20%
Old 07-03-2017, 11:18 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Cold vs warm running is different Bc of a different Hz range in the MAF sensor... I tend to have my long terms within 5%, not 20%
A/A TI head unit with the 3.6 pulley. Ported Katech T.B. LT 1 7/8 inch headers, 3 inch mid pipe, with Borla NPP ATKA cat back, Only cleaned up ported the stock intake.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:46 AM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 562 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

I don't think A&A comes with the 4" pipe anymore due to the maf issues some people were having; Myself included. Fuel trims were impossible to clean up with the 4" so I had to buy the 3 1/2" and do a SD tune.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:49 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Ben I got him to put a new set of plugs in the car. He called me Friday late afternoon said the car was running great now. He also told me he was getting up with you on help with the tune.

Maybe after a month now I will get my car back by this coming weekend. Ben thanks for all you help on this.. Robert
joemosfet (07-09-2017)
Old 07-08-2017, 11:15 PM
123sugey
Dig
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 766 Likes on 522 Posts

Ben I got him to put a new set of plugs in the car. He called me Friday late afternoon said the car was running great now. He also told me he was getting up with you on help with the tune.

Maybe after a month now I will get my car back by this coming weekend. Ben thanks for all you help on this.. Robert
Robert a few of us suggested just putting new spark plugs in. You have solid guys here with great advice. Make sure your tune is correct !! Double / triple down that your tune is correct before you give your car a full throttle pass !!
Old 07-09-2017, 09:28 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 123sugey
Robert a few of us suggested just putting new spark plugs in. You have solid guys here with great advice. Make sure your tune is correct !! Double / triple down that your tune is correct before you give your car a full throttle pass !!
I know it buddy I do think that Ben T/A KID really knows his stuff on the c7 tune in here. I will make sure that he has looked at the cars tune fully before he puts it on the rollers.

Plus I emailed the tune that A/A sent me & by the looks of that tune it was a very safe tune for a c7.

I told him 1st thing about the meth problem & to put the new plugs in the car. I was told what was in it looked good then after 3 more plus weeks of him checking what he wanted too out on the car. I just come out & said again chg the plugs out I was coming to get the car.

I know Ben will do a good job looking at & redoing the tune so I will be happy with it.
Old 07-09-2017, 02:07 PM
smajicek
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 111 Posts

Robert, did you have new plugs installed when the A&A SC was installed? Andy from A&A did my A&A SC install with new plugs and ALCYcontrol meth and tune and its been wonderful.
Old 07-09-2017, 03:09 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by smajicek
Robert, did you have new plugs installed when the A&A SC was installed? Andy from A&A did my A&A SC install with new plugs and ALCYcontrol meth and tune and its been wonderful.
Yes I put the new plugs in from A/A but then after I got the blower set up on the car. I got a friend to hook up the new meth kit he just overlooked the ground wire & that made the meth kit come on & shot all the meth into the intercooler & shot the new plugs.

By what Matt told me at the shop the car is running really good but he going to get T/A KID in here to help do the tuning on the car before putting it on the rollers. Again a number is just that but I will post what it does on the rollers this coming week. Cant wait to get it to the track.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:17 PM
Silverboost
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Yes I put the new plugs in from A/A but then after I got the blower set up on the car. I got a friend to hook up the new meth kit he just overlooked the ground wire & that made the meth kit come on & shot all the meth into the intercooler & shot the new plugs.

By what Matt told me at the shop the car is running really good but he going to get T/A KID in here to help do the tuning on the car before putting it on the rollers. Again a number is just that but I will post what it does on the rollers this coming week. Cant wait to get it to the track.
That's awesome news. I'm glad it all worked out!

Get notified of new replies

To New build-going to the dark side

Old 07-10-2017, 10:40 AM
joemosfet
Burning Brakes

Received 318 Likes on 192 Posts

It has been unacceptable for how long your tuner has had your car. I wouldn't be very happy about this.

When I was looking to got my car tuned, I went with the place who was confident they could get it tuned while I waited, while the other place wanted to keep my car for a day or two to "experiment."

Glad you're getting your car in order, finally, but I would demand some recompense from the tuner, if I were you. I mean, how insane is it that you had to do the legwork to hook him up with somebody who knows what they're doing, T/A KID.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:14 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by joemosfet
It has been unacceptable for how long your tuner has had your car. I wouldn't be very happy about this.

When I was looking to got my car tuned, I went with the place who was confident they could get it tuned while I waited, while the other place wanted to keep my car for a day or two to "experiment."

Glad you're getting your car in order, finally, but I would demand some recompense from the tuner, if I were you. I mean, how insane is it that you had to do the legwork to hook him up with somebody who knows what they're doing, T/A KID.
Just going to be glad to get her back. I just hope he don't try to hit me up for the stuff he said he had looked & was checking out. When I told him from the start to chg out the plugs due to the meth problem.

I will see by this weekend. Robert

Last edited by robert miller; 07-10-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:32 PM
joemosfet
Burning Brakes

Received 318 Likes on 192 Posts

Yeah, true, when you first get to put your foot down and feel that extra power, the unfortunate things kinda melt away.

And, of course, this should offer your tuner some decent experience, and the next C7 he tunes will hopefully go a lot smoother.

Quick Reply: New build-going to the dark side