C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous outlet question for LT4

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 12:04 PM
Alaska SS
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Nitrous outlet question for LT4

Can someone explain the benefit or downfalls of the spray bar set-up on the new LT4 vs. a plate or fogger nozzle set-up? Here's the reason for my questions beyond the obvious lack of understanding. LOL

Nitrous has a great cooling effect as we all know. With the spray bar set-up the nitrous sprays after the screws on the supercharger. Why is this better than spraying off of say a plate set-up or even just a fogger nozzle in the intake track? What are my benefits?

My thinking is it would be better to have the cooling effect of the nitrous going through the blower vs. after it and therefore maybe a plate set-up of fogger nozzle is the way to go?

I'm ready to pull the trigger and just want to make sure I'm getting the most bang for my buck so to speak. Thanks for any help, clarification or education you can provide.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:44 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,228 Likes on 775 Posts

the spray bar will hit harder and distribute more evenly across all cylinders. The iat sensor won't really see the drop but iats obviously are dropping. Are you a manual or auto car btw?
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Old 01-02-2017, 10:11 PM
Alaska SS
Racer

Originally Posted by Joe@CPR
the spray bar will hit harder and distribute more evenly across all cylinders. The iat sensor won't really see the drop but iats obviously are dropping. Are you a manual or auto car btw?
It's an A8 car.

So there is no real benefit to spraying before the blower to help cool it as well? Again, just curious and want to make sure I build the car right.

Does anyone make a dedicated that doesn't need to be located in the passenger compartment of the car yet? Just one more thing I need to figure out so I don't get kicked out of every track at tech inspection.
Old 01-03-2017, 01:07 PM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Alaska SS
It's an A8 car.

So there is no real benefit to spraying before the blower to help cool it as well? Again, just curious and want to make sure I build the car right.

Does anyone make a dedicated that doesn't need to be located in the passenger compartment of the car yet? Just one more thing I need to figure out so I don't get kicked out of every track at tech inspection.

Using a throttle plate will spray into the blower as you know, most people worry about heat in the blower due to the compression of fuel in the blower. Most people do not like to spray into the blower with fuel. I will say the spray bars are machined to spray directly in the runner helping distribution. I have seen cars with spray bars pick up more horsepower over the throttle plate. As far as a dedicated fuel supply we do offer a dedicated for C7Z that mount in the trunk.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/dedicat...el-system.html
Old 01-03-2017, 02:25 PM
Supporting Vendor

It's an A8 car.

nitrous outlet does a cell. Be careful spraying on the a8, there isn't a good way to tune it based on the torque readings the pcm calculates vs airflow. People do it and with success but a lot of them hurt the trans too and it's not really anyone's fault.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:49 PM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

We are doing one of their spray bar modded blowers now.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:12 PM
Alaska SS
Racer

Originally Posted by NitrousOutlet
Using a throttle plate will spray into the blower as you know, most people worry about heat in the blower due to the compression of fuel in the blower. Most people do not like to spray into the blower with fuel. I will say the spray bars are machined to spray directly in the runner helping distribution. I have seen cars with spray bars pick up more horsepower over the throttle plate. As far as a dedicated fuel supply we do offer a dedicated for C7Z that mount in the trunk.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/dedicat...el-system.html
Thanks for the info...that makes a lot of sense!!!!

On the dedicated, I know you have one that mounts in the trunk but the NHRA says that is technically in the passenger compartment of the vehicle and they will not tech the car. I have one of your under hood dedicateds on my C6 and love it...I love the entire direct port setup you did to include all the support components...TOP NOTCH all the way!!! Are you guys working a similar under hood version of the dedicated for the C7? Could I make a C6 dedicated work if I can find a place to mount it in the engine compartment? Thanks again for all the info and I'll get the blower to my local shop so we can get it sent off to you to plum. Thanks again!!!!

Last edited by Alaska SS; 01-05-2017 at 08:12 AM.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:11 AM
Alaska SS
Racer

nitrous outlet does a cell. Be careful spraying on the a8, there isn't a good way to tune it based on the torque readings the pcm calculates vs airflow. People do it and with success but a lot of them hurt the trans too and it's not really anyone's fault.
Oh wow, I've never heard that about the A8s. What's your opinion as to why? Is it from the shock to the tranny on the initial hit? If so, would a progressive controller solve the problem? I have a progressive controller on my C6 with a direct port and the nitrous comes in very smooth. It almost feels like a turbo spooling and as a result there is no big "hit" to the drivetrain. Man, that's scary and thanks for the heads up!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2017, 08:16 AM
Supporting Vendor

Oh wow, I've never heard that about the A8s. What's your opinion as to why? Is it from the shock to the tranny on the initial hit? If so, would a progressive controller solve the problem? I have a progressive controller on my C6 with a direct port and the nitrous comes in very smooth. It almost feels like a turbo spooling and as a result there is no big "hit" to the drivetrain. Man, that's scary and thanks for the heads up!!!!!!
It's because of everything being torque model based, has nothing to do with the actual power. You can't trick the computer properly to know what to do with an extra 150ish rwhp/tq when it doesn't see the added airflow that amount of power will need. It's all estimated torque values.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:25 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

HPT just added support for updating "virtual torque" tables based on different airflow, timing, etc. Wondering if there's a way to take advantage of that to help with this. I haven't messed with it yet on any C7's
Old 07-13-2017, 03:10 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by schpenxel
HPT just added support for updating "virtual torque" tables based on different airflow, timing, etc. Wondering if there's a way to take advantage of that to help with this. I haven't messed with it yet on any C7's
If true, it probably could be done based off the advancement in timing that would occur post meth injections.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:59 PM
cdjnight
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

could a small pill, say 25hp just ahead of MAF meter be utilized to let the ecu know there is a lot more power coming through? Just thinking for ways to make a safe tune. I am planning a big fogger system on an A8 17' and didn't know about the transmission issues associated.

Get notified of new replies

To Nitrous outlet question for LT4

Quick Reply: Nitrous outlet question for LT4