C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Random meth kit question

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 11:52 AM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 319 Posts

Default Random meth kit question

So I bought the Alky control kit and been running the last year. Now looking to up the boost and HP a little with LTs, smaller pulley, and making my kit a dual nozzle. When I first ordered it cam with a M10 nozzle and my tuner asked that I get a M15. So instead of just getting the nozzle I bought a kit that included the fittings and lines for a dual nozzle and one M15. If I don't change the setting on the box and add the second nozzle before a tune will it in turn put more meth in my system?
Old 05-09-2017, 12:54 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Yes. Adding a second nozzle with add a significant amount of meth.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:23 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Yes for sure will put more into the intake. But if me I would look at the tuner to look at just looking at that & also the smaller pulley upgrade. I wouldn't do the smaller pulley & the 10 with the 15 without letting the tuner look at working on the tune. Robert
Old 05-10-2017, 12:13 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by teddyca
So I bought the Alky control kit and been running the last year. Now looking to up the boost and HP a little with LTs, smaller pulley, and making my kit a dual nozzle. When I first ordered it cam with a M10 nozzle and my tuner asked that I get a M15. So instead of just getting the nozzle I bought a kit that included the fittings and lines for a dual nozzle and one M15. If I don't change the setting on the box and add the second nozzle before a tune will it in turn put more meth in my system?
Teddy, yes it will add more meth. You would need to turn down the **** on the meth control box to lower the dual meth down to the approx amount of what the single nozzle was spraying. The problem You run into is that turning it down too low drops the pressure to the point that you lose proper atomization. So, you tune for it and leave it turned up where it is now. Best recommendation is don't add the nozzle until the day before your tune gets redone..
Old 05-10-2017, 03:50 PM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 865 Likes on 601 Posts

Just add enough boost to equal the amount of meth you're straying.

The equation is:

(Nozzle 1 + Nozzle 2) / 2 = PSI You should run ATLEAST

Last edited by C7&7; 05-10-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Random meth kit question

Quick Reply: Random meth kit question