C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are fouled plugs my issue and why so soon. PIC inside

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 09:10 AM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Received 411 Likes on 280 Posts

Man, sorry to hear that Teddy. As mentioned lots of good tuners here. Sucks that a lot of them are so far from us, but at the end of the day it might be worth it. As you know I used A&A and so far, so good. I had also spoke with Joe at Cordes, and CMS, all of them I think would do a great job. I considered shipping it there and back, would have been $800 (if you don't have the time) lol, so the price of your tune with your old tuner. A&A charged me $550 for the tune btw. Hopefully it works out for you.
Old 07-31-2017, 01:20 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 319 Posts

So yesterday I swapped out all my plugs and BAM car runs fine again. Synergy in Livermore did the tune and NOTHING has changed since they tuned it. I did ask Rick about E85, dual nozzle meth, headers, etc... but I was just picking his brain as I had all my confidence in him. If you follow my posts you will see I NEVER considered the tune. Well guess what. Synergy should stick to LS motors because my tune is crap. 2K miles and all 8 plugs looked the same. Rick happened to run across this thread apparently trolling my posts and now he is not willing to even look at the car. LOL When headers get in I am putting them on and going elsewhere. I also ordered HP tuners. Once I have my file I will post up. I would love to here what you guys have to say about my magic tune. In the mean time car will sit in my shop.
Old 07-31-2017, 01:24 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Here is 7 of 8 plugs. #8 looks the same.
Attached Images  
Old 07-31-2017, 04:21 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by teddyca
Teddy also here look at your meth can that is in the car do you think are does it look like it is using more meth at all on you. These DI motors will not take a bad plug at all to what a ls motor can are will.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:53 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Yep. Those look like poop 💩
Old 07-31-2017, 09:09 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

So yesterday I swapped out all my plugs and BAM car runs fine again. Synergy in Livermore did the tune and NOTHING has changed since they tuned it. I did ask Rick about E85, dual nozzle meth, headers, etc... but I was just picking his brain as I had all my confidence in him. If you follow my posts you will see I NEVER considered the tune. Well guess what. Synergy should stick to LS motors because my tune is crap. 2K miles and all 8 plugs looked the same. Rick happened to run across this thread apparently trolling my posts and now he is not willing to even look at the car. LOL When headers get in I am putting them on and going elsewhere. I also ordered HP tuners. Once I have my file I will post up. I would love to here what you guys have to say about my magic tune. In the mean time car will sit in my shop.
Man if me Rick should stand up to the plate & see what it is & not just say I will not touch the car now. That is if he cares about his customers & to help you out since you paid him what ever it was. But if I had paid him 900.00 & it comes out to really be in the tune he would be giving me my money back.

This is what I hate about a lot of these dam guys that are calling themselves a tuner. All they have done is copied a tune from someone else that is a good tune. Then put it on others and just played around with it & really when stuff like this happen. THIS IS WHEN A REALLY GOOD GUY AND TUNER COMES OUT & WORKS ON IT TO GET THE PROBLEM FIXED. Even more so after paying the guy 900.00.
Old 08-01-2017, 01:27 AM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Received 411 Likes on 280 Posts

Glad I took the drive to A&A. What doesn't make sense to me is getting pissed at you for bringing up your issues. You hadn't mentioned the tuner at all. They should have asked you to bring the car in to look it over before just blowing you off, not acceptable IMO.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:06 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Thanks guys. Rick initially did say I could bring it back because of the "service soon" light. I thought it was because of the fact I didn't have a 3 bar map sensor in place. He wasn't sure about that. Once he seen this thread and the fact I really was all over the place with what I "wanted" to do, not what I had done. He decided my business was no longer welcome. That's whats weak here. And nobody knew who tuned the car because I left his name out of it. I was not going to bash a shop I had respect for. Now that I have a $80k toy fouling plugs and no support I am a bit disappointed. Oh well you live and learn.

Quick Reply: Are fouled plugs my issue and why so soon. PIC inside