C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Si to Ti, Headers, Meth

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 12:50 AM
jasonyyu
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Si to Ti, Headers, Meth

Hi guys, my car is currently undergoing an upgrade from Si to Ti trim. I just have a few questions.

Current setup: V3 Si with 3.8 pulley, LT catless headers, and Meth. 610 rwhp (not sure if it is sae) and 530 pounds of torque.

1. I have read a lot about efficiency. I am not a racer (spirited driving here and there) and i will never bring my car to the track (I think). To me, I think the Si kit is perfect for my needs at the moment. Due to an unexpected event with my Si kit, I am forced or more cost effective to upgrade to a Ti trim. With my current 3.8 pulley setup, will the Ti trim be efficient or should I change to the 3.6 Pulley to make it more efficient?

2. What are pros and cons of the oil fed kit vs the self-contained v3?

3. Will I see a different set of dyno numbers with 3.8 pulley and what would be the numbers with a 3.6 pulley?

many thanks in advance for your responses

Last edited by jasonyyu; 09-27-2017 at 12:51 AM.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:42 AM
Patriot Six
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 209 Posts

The Ti trim will still be within its efficiency range with a 3.8. Efficiency range is based upon rpm of the blower. I would guess that you would gain about 2lbs of boost with the same size pulley going from Si to Ti trim at 20-25 rwhp gained per pound of boost. Oil fed will allow you to spin the blower harder without fear of ruining the blower.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:35 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Patriot Six
The Ti trim will still be within its efficiency range with a 3.8. Efficiency range is based upon rpm of the blower. I would guess that you would gain about 2lbs of boost with the same size pulley going from Si to Ti trim at 20-25 rwhp gained per pound of boost. Oil fed will allow you to spin the blower harder without fear of ruining the blower.
This is all accurate.

Get notified of new replies

To Si to Ti, Headers, Meth

Quick Reply: Si to Ti, Headers, Meth