C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock ...Orrr?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 07:22 PM
Gator Bait
Cruising

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Edelbrock ...Orrr?

Car is a 2016 C7 Z51 A8. Current mods are 1.75 LT's and 3" x pipe with high flow cats exiting factory NPP. The car is a daily driver with nearly 20K miles in 14 months. Drivebility and reliability are key. That said I'd like the seat of the pants thrill I got from my LS3 powerrred Miata putting 445 to the ground. I know the vette will never be a raw as the Miata (and that's a good thing...wife's DD) and math tells me 600 whp will get me in the ball park. Is it a reasonable expectation to get there with the Edelbrock kit and pro tune? I do not want to mess with meth. If not what FI should I be looking at and what should the reasonable expectation be for FI with stock fueling and a safe/DD tune? TIA
Old 10-14-2017, 11:54 PM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Received 411 Likes on 280 Posts

Why no meth? I drive my car pretty hard and I fill my meth (washer tank) maybe every couple weeks if not longer. I'm no expert on it and haven't researched it a lot, but if you go FI I don't think you'll hit your goal without meth, I could be wrong. My car has the Si kit with the standard 4.0 pulley, meth and exhaust and I'm at 610 whp and couldn't be happier.

Last edited by Quik Z06; 10-14-2017 at 11:54 PM.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:51 AM
Gator Bait
Cruising

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
Why no meth?
Simply don't want the hassle. Nor do I want to loose the washer fluid reservoir or have a remote tank in the hatch. I'd rather upgrade the fueling if needed. I'm not looking for huge HP. Too many ballers running around DFW for me to even try to jump in that ring. ...plus as I said...wife's daily driver..
The following users liked this post:
1ccrider (10-23-2017)
Old 10-15-2017, 05:55 AM
Gator Bait
Cruising

my searches are paying off more....have some answers. And changing direction for the 100th time. Now if the answers are truth or more internet garble to sort through is another question. Lots of good input on this forum. But lots of contradictions to. Welcome to the internet, eh?
Old 10-15-2017, 11:35 AM
bigsapper
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 294 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Gator Bait
my searches are paying off more....have some answers. And changing direction for the 100th time. Now if the answers are truth or more internet garble to sort through is another question. Lots of good input on this forum. But lots of contradictions to. Welcome to the internet, eh?
Be interested in what you're hearing/reading.

Also, I may have a few goodies for sale. Waiting this week on what damage my transmission has before I evaluate next steps.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:40 AM
Corvette4ever
Drifting

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Magnuson Heartbeat. C7s with this kit have trapped 130+ in the quarter.

Never heard of any Edelbrock kit running good times or mph at the drag strip

Last edited by Corvette4ever; 10-15-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:22 PM
Gator Bait
Cruising

Originally Posted by bigsapper
Be interested in what you're hearing/reading.
Trying to sort through vendor propaganda and end user experience. Its always in the back of my mind that manufactures and their vendors are in the business of selling their wares. And buyers always want to justify their purchase.

I'm leaning back to my original plan. Cam with 32% lobe next. I'm a big believer in supporting mods first. Then when I'm ready to go FI I'll just need LT4 HPFP (maybe) and whichever solution I choose.

Originally Posted by bigsapper
Also, I may have a few goodies for sale. Waiting this week on what damage my transmission has before I evaluate next steps.
Hit me on PM, I could be interested in take offs if you go that route. Could change my game plan for the 103rd time.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:25 PM
Gator Bait
Cruising

Originally Posted by Corvette4ever

Trapping 130 would put it on par with my Miata. It trapped 127 consistently. ...the 3 passes I made with it...and the only passes I've ever made. I'm a back road cruiser with occasional accidental trips to Mexico.

Plan to go spectate at the Dallas Wannagofast and talk to some people about their setup where I can see them perform in person.
Old 10-15-2017, 06:39 PM
BlueDevilZ51
Melting Slicks

Received 389 Likes on 271 Posts

I have the Edelbrock stage 2, Edelbrock rates it at 660hp at the crank. The car is a beast! I havent tracked it yet but my buddies stage 2 Edelbrock E Force goes 10.8@130+ in the 1/4. It will definitely get you to your 600rwhp goal with your LTs and a custom tune.
I believe you'll have to up grade your fuel system over 620whp.

Last edited by BlueDevilZ51; 10-15-2017 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:16 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 641 Likes on 401 Posts

Trapping 130 would put it on par with my Miata. It trapped 127 consistently. ...the 3 passes I made with it...and the only passes I've ever made. I'm a back road cruiser with occasional accidental trips to Mexico.

Plan to go spectate at the Dallas Wannagofast and talk to some people about their setup where I can see them perform in person.
We're going to be out there. Just about everything we've built lately has been procharged but, we offer edelbrock, magnuson and A&A systems as well.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:26 PM
Gator Bait
Cruising

Originally Posted by Dane@LGmotorsports
We're going to be out there. Just about everything we've built lately has been procharged but, we offer edelbrock, magnuson and A&A systems as well.
I'm the shark grey C7 ya'll did the LT's and tune on last week. I'm swinging toward procharged now, but my concern is Texas heat in traffic. ...always a mind on it being the wife's daily. She wants it fast...but I want her in a reliable car.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:54 AM
Dane@LGmotorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 641 Likes on 401 Posts

I'm the shark grey C7 ya'll did the LT's and tune on last week. I'm swinging toward procharged now, but my concern is Texas heat in traffic. ...always a mind on it being the wife's daily. She wants it fast...but I want her in a reliable car.
How fast is she wanting it? You could squeeze a bit more out with a cam and intake. Only concerning time for supercharger/procharger would be 5 o'clock traffic on a hot summer day, I don't know that spal fans would be enough to combat that.

Last edited by Dane@LGmotorsports; 10-17-2017 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:00 AM
Gator Bait
Cruising

Originally Posted by Dane@LGmotorsports
How fast is she wanting it? You could squeeze a bit more out with a cam and intake. Only concerning time for supercharger/procharger would be 5 o'clock traffic on a hot summer day, I don't know that spal fans would be enough to combat that.

It has to be able to sit on the hwy waiting to exit the mall at 3p during the summer. ...reality is reality.. If any FI won't allow that, the build is finished now. My reason for a cam would be the fuel lobe. Another 30 hp isn't worth the $$.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:35 AM
2highpsi
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

Running the latest Maggie C7 SC (which includes dedicated drive and upgraded intercoolers) will be the way to go, delivers OEM quality, excellent drivability, and great power across the rev range.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:44 AM
KenBrownfield
Heel & Toe

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Car is a 2016 C7 Z51 A8. Current mods are 1.75 LT's and 3" x pipe with high flow cats exiting factory NPP. The car is a daily driver with nearly 20K miles in 14 months. Drivebility and reliability are key. That said I'd like the seat of the pants thrill I got from my LS3 powerrred Miata putting 445 to the ground. I know the vette will never be a raw as the Miata (and that's a good thing...wife's DD) and math tells me 600 whp will get me in the ball park. Is it a reasonable expectation to get there with the Edelbrock kit and pro tune? I do not want to mess with meth. If not what FI should I be looking at and what should the reasonable expectation be for FI with stock fueling and a safe/DD tune? TIA
I have the exact same car as you 2016 C7 Z51 A8, Off road x pipe. Getting my A&A kit installed today. I did SI trim with 4 inch pulley (7-8psi). Doesn't need meth, is suppose to be as reliable as stock will be a little short of your 600 rwhp though. Mid 500's rwhp
Old 10-18-2017, 09:54 AM
Gator Bait
Cruising

Originally Posted by KenBrownfield
I have the exact same car as you 2016 C7 Z51 A8, Off road x pipe. Getting my A&A kit installed today. I did SI trim with 4 inch pulley (7-8psi). Doesn't need meth, is suppose to be as reliable as stock will be a little short of your 600 rwhp though. Mid 500's rwhp
I'll be interested in your impressions. Mid 500's is what I've been quoted locally also w/o meth and the big 3 Centri options.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:32 PM
DCortez
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette4ever

Watched this video a few minutes ago, the guy mentioned heating up in 10 minutes. What's good for hp and lower heat?

Get notified of new replies

To Edelbrock ...Orrr?

Old 06-13-2018, 05:08 PM
GT2BHPPY
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

When watching and listening to this video notice how he runs it in the higher RPMs when not necessary. With so much mid-range torque available, he creates the temperature problem by choosing to run in lower gears and thus higher RPMs. IMHO
Old 06-14-2018, 12:48 AM
bc928
Burning Brakes

Received 94 Likes on 69 Posts

E85 is a no brainer. 11.4 to compression needs knock resistant fuel. Additional cooling. Heat management through coatings and additional ways to evacuate heat. I am starting to think the people with no issues with aftermarket power adders and 93 or 91 octane puddle along to car shows and rev in neutral, and drive 4K miles a year.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:48 AM
"BoneStock"
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

long tubes and ecs kit (or a&a/procharger) should put you in the 580-600rwhp without meth.

Quick Reply: Edelbrock ...Orrr?