C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many 8 Second 1/4 miles C7's are there?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 01:47 AM
BlueDevil415
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sr71bb
Quickest DOCUMENTED ET for C7 WAS LMR's 8.84 8.55 is a HUGE difference. For anybody to claim different is typical internet BULLSHIT.
You know quickest and fastest are not same correct? He was responding to "Well I would say there are very few 8 second C7's but this one is currently the fastest by a large margin"

160-163 is not a large margin.
The following users liked this post:
sr71bb (11-21-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 08:21 AM
MIGHTYM0USE
Melting Slicks

Received 116 Likes on 72 Posts

if you would have said quicker by a large margin i would have completely agreed. speed 'fast' is mph. sorry i did not assume you meant otherwise.

we all have our disadvantages. i didn't make you guys live in texas and you guys didn't make me run a box stock lt1 intake manifold.

no one is or can take away what you guys did

Last edited by MIGHTYM0USE; 11-21-2017 at 08:21 AM.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:59 AM
jacksnorm
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by MIGHTYM0USE
Very impressive. Glad to see your build turn out so well. I wish I could have made it to the track rental this year but I'm having some more work done and my car wasn't ready. I will be pinging you on the drivetrain upgrades soon I think I will need that next.

Last edited by jacksnorm; 11-21-2017 at 08:59 AM.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:05 AM
sr71bb
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Well from a PURELY technical standpoint FASTEST is NOT the same thing as quickest. HOWEVER MPH is an indicator of the power the cars are making and ET is an indicator of how well you are able to put that power to the ground. THAT number ET is far more important. No one gives a **** if you are making 2000 HP on the DYNO and you cant get the car down the track from an ET standpoint. You know the saying "SPINNING AINT WINNING". With enough money almost anybody can make big power numbers but VERY VERY few can translate that into quick ET's. That is PRECISELY why there are so few C7's currently in the 8's and why you should soon see high low 8's or high 7's. ANYTHING in the eights is highly respectable in my opinion for a C7, ESPECIALLY a stock short block with just ONE power adder.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:07 AM
Sam@amp
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

if you would have said quicker by a large margin i would have completely agreed. speed 'fast' is mph. sorry i did not assume you meant otherwise.

we all have our disadvantages. i didn't make you guys live in texas and you guys didn't make me run a box stock lt1 intake manifold.

no one is or can take away what you guys did
At 1089 rwhp the Procharger intake was only worth 26 rwhp over a stock LT1 intake and it only made that gain above 5900 rpm. Below 5900 the stock intake was worth as much as 70 rwhp and 60tq at 3500 rpm. That shouldn't surprise you at all being the longer runner.
I have a used Procharger intake ill sell you if you want to test it. In my opinion your car would slow .2 in the 1/4.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:26 AM
Sam@amp
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dane@LGmotorsports
Not sure. We only got one run in Saturday and spun the tires about 300 feet on the rev limiter through 4 gears. Next day weather was bad, dried up enough to do a couple runs but just couldn't get enough traction off the rev limiter and snapped a belt bouncing it off the rev limiter again, then replaced the belt and blamed the torque converter. When the air to air popped we were at 1,214 hp and had rpms to go
Fixed for you.

We have made over 1200 rwhp with the air to air and have installed 20 ish units without a single failure.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:08 AM
MIGHTYM0USE
Melting Slicks

Well from a PURELY technical standpoint FASTEST is NOT the same thing as quickest. HOWEVER MPH is an indicator of the power the cars are making and ET is an indicator of how well you are able to put that power to the ground. THAT number ET is far more important. No one gives a **** if you are making 2000 HP on the DYNO and you cant get the car down the track from an ET standpoint. You know the saying "SPINNING AINT WINNING". With enough money almost anybody can make big power numbers but VERY VERY few can translate that into quick ET's. That is PRECISELY why there are so few C7's currently in the 8's and why you should soon see high low 8's or high 7's. ANYTHING in the eights is highly respectable in my opinion for a C7, ESPECIALLY a stock short block with just ONE power adder.
ok so i think we agree my long block is stock aside from the cam kit. we are making good power on 8 injectors and single port meth was picking up 2mph per # boost when the lights got cut off on us 5pm sharp.

Originally Posted by Sam@amp
At 1089 rwhp the Procharger intake was only worth 26 rwhp over a stock LT1 intake and it only made that gain above 5900 rpm. Below 5900 the stock intake was worth as much as 70 rwhp and 60tq at 3500 rpm. That shouldn't surprise you at all being the longer runner.
I have a used Procharger intake ill sell you if you want to test it. In my opinion your car would slow .2 in the 1/4.
no thanks. i wouldn't want one if it made 100hp and was free. it was just an example. foot braking a turbo car i need all the low rpm help i can get.

JTM's car will have to pick up where i am leaving off. I'm not really trying to risk the engine, but if you guys were running the same day I would have probably turned the boost past 75% before it was over

that would have been pretty sick to pair up for every pass.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:30 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

What choo talkin bout Willis? Its NOT POSSIBLE to get a C7 into the 8's with a stock block and just one power adder that I have seen. Not even close. 9's on a Z06 with Nitrous, maybe. But 8's would definitely require a built motor..
Old 11-21-2017, 03:24 PM
Sam@amp
Advanced

ok so i think we agree my long block is stock aside from the cam kit. we are making good power on 8 injectors and single port meth was picking up 2mph per # boost when the lights got cut off on us 5pm sharp.
no thanks. i wouldn't want one if it made 100hp and was free. it was just an example. foot braking a turbo car i need all the low rpm help i can get.

JTM's car will have to pick up where i am leaving off. I'm not really trying to risk the engine, but if you guys were running the same day I would have probably turned the boost past 75% before it was over

that would have been pretty sick to pair up for every pass.
Example? or excuse? Because it looked like you were using it as an excuse/crutch.
Coulda shoulda woulda on the boost....
Old 11-21-2017, 04:08 PM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Example? or excuse? Because it looked like you were using it as an excuse/crutch.
...can’t we all just get along?
Old 11-21-2017, 04:44 PM
sr71bb
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by FYREANT
What choo talkin bout Willis? Its NOT POSSIBLE to get a C7 into the 8's with a stock block and just one power adder that I have seen. Not even close. 9's on a Z06 with Nitrous, maybe. But 8's would definitely require a built motor..
What do you mean? That AMP car is stock block car with ONE power adder. It JUST did a 8.55. It certainly has a different cam but it is still the STOCK short block
Old 11-21-2017, 04:57 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

What do you mean? That AMP car is stock block car with ONE power adder. It JUST did a 8.55. It certainly has a different cam but it is still the STOCK short block
No sir. The LT motor is cam IN block. If you say stock shortblock, that means stock cam. Period.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:17 PM
Sam@amp
Advanced

Before you reply to him, remember that you are posting on Corvette Forum and everyone is an expert.
Old 11-21-2017, 06:26 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Before you reply to him, remember that you are posting on Corvette Forum and everyone is an expert.
Whats that supposed to mean? Am I incorrect? Are we considering "cammed cars" as being "stock"?! I never said I was an expert by the way, but I've contributed more than my fair share to the community..
Old 11-21-2017, 06:34 PM
MIGHTYM0USE
Melting Slicks

great job guys and congrats again.
The following users liked this post:
Earl H (11-21-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 07:03 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 641 Likes on 401 Posts

Fixed for you.

We have made over 1200 rwhp with the air to air and have installed 20 ish units without a single failure.
Nice! I can see how you wouldn't have an issue if your peak hp was a little over 1200rwhp. I think the rate at which we surpassed 1200rwhp caused the weld to come apart.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:56 PM
Sam@amp
Advanced

Nice! I can see how you wouldn't have an issue if your peak hp was a little over 1200rwhp. I think the rate at which we surpassed 1200rwhp caused the weld to come apart.
Psssst.
1200rwhp of airflow, is still 1200rwhp of airflow, and its extremely difficult to make north of 1200 rwhp with that air to air, even for shops like us who have built 30+ Procharged C7Z's. Care to share your SAE dyno graph?
Usually the IC "fails" due to insufficent venting of the boost when you come off the throttle.
"Usually" meaning 100% of the time.

Get notified of new replies

To How many 8 Second 1/4 miles C7's are there?

Old 11-21-2017, 08:03 PM
Sam@amp
Advanced

great job guys and congrats again.
Thank you.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:19 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 641 Likes on 401 Posts

Psssst.
1200rwhp of airflow, is still 1200rwhp of airflow, and its extremely difficult to make north of 1200 rwhp with that air to air, even for shops like us who have built 30+ Procharged C7Z's. Care to share your SAE dyno graph?
Usually the IC "fails" due to insufficent venting of the boost when you come off the throttle.
"Usually" meaning 100% of the time.
I was lazy in my initial post and put air to air rather than air-water-air. Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:18 PM
Sam@amp
Advanced

I was lazy in my initial post and put air to air rather than air-water-air. Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing.
Ive never seen an air-water-air.

Are you saying you split the Procharger air to water intercooler?
We made north of 1,300rwhp with our shop car and never split a weld. Made 80+ passes at the track and 4 half mile runs. Never had an issue out of it.
We never broke our converter either.

Quick Reply: How many 8 Second 1/4 miles C7's are there?