C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A installed - new fuel pump?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 08:07 PM
Seannyc
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

keep us updated on the car goodluck
Old 12-01-2017, 10:46 AM
KenBrownfield
Heel & Toe

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dhansenc7
I purchased an A&A supercharger and new headers from American Muscle to install on my 2016 C7 Z51. For the SC, got the V3 Si-trim with 50mm BOV. Had my local Chevy dealer do the install and tune. Got a call today that the SC was losing power at the high end so they called A&A. A&A recommended a new fuel pump to increase fuel flow. I have not seen this mentioned in other posts. Does this make sense?
I also have the V3-si on my 2016 z51. I absolutely love it by the way. I stayed with a 4 in. pulley so I didn't have to deal with fuel issues. Ofcourse I don't make as much boost or power but nearly completely safe on the car. It is possible to do a 3.8 pulley without fuel system mods or meth. However, at the 3.6 pulley you would definitely need to do one or the other. I also think you should be making more than 7 psi with that setup.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:52 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by KenBrownfield
I also have the V3-si on my 2016 z51. I absolutely love it by the way. I stayed with a 4 in. pulley so I didn't have to deal with fuel issues. Ofcourse I don't make as much boost or power but nearly completely safe on the car. It is possible to do a 3.8 pulley without fuel system mods or meth. However, at the 3.6 pulley you would definitely need to do one or the other. I also think you should be making more than 7 psi with that setup.
With dual meth alone you can go down to the 3.47" pulley..
Old 12-02-2017, 08:14 AM
dhansenc7
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KenBrownfield
I have the 3.6 pulley. I have been able to drive it a fair amount the past week and it drives great. Definitely lots of extra power, but very driveable. Have not noticed in power loss, but also have not had a chance to really open it up yet.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:22 AM
dhansenc7
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New question - I was able to drive the car for a bit today and my wife was with me so I put it in Economy mode to quiet the engine a bit. I noticed that the car no longer reduce down to 4 cylinders when it was no longer accelerating. Is this normal with a tune after installing a supercharger? This definitely worked prior to the tune. That said, I don't plan to use that mode much, but curious.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:12 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by dhansenc7
New question - I was able to drive the car for a bit today and my wife was with me so I put it in Economy mode to quiet the engine a bit. I noticed that the car no longer reduce down to 4 cylinders when it was no longer accelerating. Is this normal with a tune after installing a supercharger? This definitely worked prior to the tune. That said, I don't plan to use that mode much, but curious.
Many tuners "shut off" Eco mode. I would touch base with your tuner and they can tell you if they disabled Eco mode.

Quick Reply: A&A installed - new fuel pump?