C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone lose their launch control after supercharger install and tune?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 09:11 PM
Comebackid
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Anyone lose their launch control after supercharger install and tune?

Fellas,

I recently had a shop install an A & A Supercharger with tune (HP Tuners nguage). I've always done launches in Track mode in the past, but this time after the install, no dice.

In addition, I recently had the MSRC update done just prior to the supercharger install and tune. I ended up losing the MSRC update as well. Apparently on the first go around on the tune, everything was reset. The tuner informed me to have the MSRC update reinstalled at the dealer and everything should work. So I did. The good news is I got my MSRC update back, but still no launch control.

I've read past threads of others losing launch control after having the supercharger install and tune, but I would hear theories that with the car having much more power, launch control is incapable of holding the car down. It got me thinking. My setup is basic. No meth, no x-pipe, nothing. Just the supercharger. With that being said, my setup falls just short of Z06 power, and I'm sure the Z06 has launch control.

Can anyone offer insight and/or similar experiences and how it was rectified?

Thanks.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:47 PM
BlueDevilZ51
Melting Slicks

Received 389 Likes on 271 Posts

I have a stage 2 E force and still have launch control.
The following users liked this post:
Comebackid (05-29-2018)
Old 06-05-2018, 09:26 AM
mustang00066
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine is gone and I was bothered after I found out. ECS meth and Headers The 4 cyl mode is gone too but that doesn't bother me much.

I wish there was someone that had a way to bring launch control back without reverting to stock. I smoked a hellcat yesterday though so I'm not doing too bad without it I guess.
Comebackid (06-08-2018)
Old 06-08-2018, 12:45 PM
Comebackid
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by mustang00066
Mine is gone and I was bothered after I found out. ECS meth and Headers The 4 cyl mode is gone too but that doesn't bother me much.

I wish there was someone that had a way to bring launch control back without reverting to stock. I smoked a hellcat yesterday though so I'm not doing too bad without it I guess.
That seems to be the consensus. What a disappointment. I loved that feature.

Anyone have thoughts on optimal traction at launch - settings, RPM, etc.?
Old 06-09-2018, 03:14 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Comebackid
That seems to be the consensus. What a disappointment. I loved that feature.

Anyone have thoughts on optimal traction at launch - settings, RPM, etc.?
Start out at about 2200 rpm & go from that if the car goes on it face raise the rpm up about 200 more rpm until get gets out of the hole without braking loose. Then just play on getting into the paddle as it goes. Each car is a little diff even with the same parts in it so just getting a good amount of seat time in your car..
Comebackid (06-09-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 07:35 PM
prince8619
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueDevilZ51
I have a stage 2 E force and still have launch control.
is yours an auto or manual transmission?
Old 07-09-2018, 08:12 PM
BlueDevilZ51
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by prince8619
is yours an auto or manual transmission?
auto
Old 07-09-2018, 08:14 PM
prince8619
Racer

auto
What wheel HP are u at? And does ur car move or roll forward when u engaged the launch control from all the additional torque and HP?
Old 07-10-2018, 06:49 AM
BlueDevilZ51
Melting Slicks

I would think if youre car is moving or rolling forward when trying to use the LC, youre not pressing the brake hard enough.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:52 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

they probably tuned it out without realizing it. just let them know, no big deal. they can fix it.

Last edited by Higgs Boson; 07-10-2018 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:59 AM
prince8619
Racer

I would think if youre car is moving or rolling forward when trying to use the LC, youre not pressing the brake hard enough.
that's what I thought as well. I am literally all on it to the floor with all my weight lol. I mean I have used it before when it was stock and I know what needs to happen, I am very family with the procedure..its just not happening in D mode or 1st gear. It's only works in 2nd gear.

Last edited by prince8619; 07-10-2018 at 09:02 AM.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:01 AM
prince8619
Racer

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
they probably tuned it out without realizing it. just let them know, no big deal. they can fix it.
I did call my tuner..he said he never went into the launch control files, he was very surprised. Since you have a really high HP build, even tho its manual..does ur launch still engage in first gear? I think u did tell me u manually launch it since u get better times.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:17 PM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

We don't even use it. Our cars will 1.3 60ft off the foot brake.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:18 PM
prince8619
Racer

Originally Posted by Billy@MTI
We don't even use it. Our cars will 1.3 60ft off the foot brake.
can you explain? So just floor it off idle? Cuz I did launch it manually at 1400rpm and let the brake go and it was like a rocket
Old 07-12-2018, 06:36 PM
badass1g
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

I have AA SC kit and They tuned it with HP and I still have launch control M7, however I tried to use my no lift shift a couple times and it doesn't appear to be functioning. Surprisingly when I called AA they seemed to have no idea about no lift shift. For how Vette savy they are I was surprised that they didn't know anything about it. I don't see why any auto cars would or could use a high rpm to launch (4k rpm). I wouldlnt think auto cars would need anything but brake and gas.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:08 PM
prince8619
Racer

Originally Posted by badass1g
I have AA SC kit and They tuned it with HP and I still have launch control M7, however I tried to use my no lift shift a couple times and it doesn't appear to be functioning. Surprisingly when I called AA they seemed to have no idea about no lift shift. For how Vette savy they are I was surprised that they didn't know anything about it. I don't see why any auto cars would or could use a high rpm to launch (4k rpm). I wouldlnt think auto cars would need anything but brake and gas.

On m7 manual corvettes, the rpms are much higher during launch control. On the A6 and A8, since its automatic..the torque converter multiplies the torque and the launch is typically 1800-2100 rpm and they launch with much lower rpms. When I used to use launch control in the past, I place the shifter in D, engage the launch control..my rpms stabilize at around 2000 and i let the brake go.

Now every since my car has been modified..the only way to keep the rpms stable is in Manual paddle shift mode and 2nd gear. First gear and D mode, the car just rolls forward and the rpms wont stabilize..meaning launch control cant engage. I am assuming, since their is so much more torque and HP now than before..the computer cannot control it and it can make stabilize the rpms for a proper launch.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:36 PM
ChiefP
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

I have an A6 and my launch control still functions...but it's useless. It launched substantially better before the upgrades. Now it launches like a dog. I'm much better without it and just rolling into the throttle.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone lose their launch control after supercharger install and tune?

Old 07-12-2018, 11:38 PM
prince8619
Racer

Originally Posted by ChiefP
I have an A6 and my launch control still functions...but it's useless. It launched substantially better before the upgrades. Now it launches like a dog. I'm much better without it and just rolling into the throttle.
that's what I plan on doing the old school way. Thanks
Old 07-13-2018, 01:58 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

I can't see how any launch control is going to work after mods. The torque curves will have changed so much that the pre programmed launch rpm, throttle input, timing, etc would be out by a mile! You would probably need to 'tune' the launch control for the new torque curve.
Old 09-10-2022, 06:38 AM
2FAST4U
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by chuntington101
I can't see how any launch control is going to work after mods. The torque curves will have changed so much that the pre programmed launch rpm, throttle input, timing, etc would be out by a mile! You would probably need to 'tune' the launch control for the new torque curve.

I suspect tuners remove launch control because they start with a template tune that has it removed. Generally, if you are modding the GM traction control settings don't work and wouldnt apply to drag carvapplications with drag tires. More over roll races are what is done today from a 30/40/60 MPH roll because these cars spin at even 60mph let alone from a dig on non-prep surfaces.

ALL that said, if YOU own an HP Tuner you can actually change / add your own launch control tune. I am trained to do it from HP Academy, but it is situational. My goals are for street performance. I will be using throttle only ECU tune in combo with a vitesse throttle response controller.

Strategy: I will Vitesse to tune such that depressing the pedal 50% is digitally 100%. That means my foot pedal gets to 100% digitally (at the throttle body) 2 tenths of a second faster than otherwise. Now comes the ECU tune. For that part I will make 0-25MPH have a maximum throttle of 60%-75% -- whatever % works out to get the best no/low spin launch on the street with Toyo R888Rs. It will take some iteration, but I will finally get this be-atch under 3 seconds to 60mph fully stock other than HP Tuned.

So my street launch is simply to mash the pedal to the floor and the vitesse (reaction time) and ECU tune (torque limiter) do the rest. As opposed to going into track mode and doing 300 steps to then get into launch mode to then do a brake stand. Meanwhile the guy that pulled up on next you on the street is already long gone LOL. And of course on the mustang forum the next day, Yeah man, i just gapped a C7 Z06 yesterday. Left the dude at a light still trying to get into launch mode.

Last edited by 2FAST4U; 09-10-2022 at 06:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone lose their launch control after supercharger install and tune?