Anyone lose their launch control after supercharger install and tune? - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous
Reload this Page >

Anyone lose their launch control after supercharger install and tune?

Notices
C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone lose their launch control after supercharger install and tune?

Old 05-28-2018, 09:11 PM
Comebackid
CF Senior Member

Default Anyone lose their launch control after supercharger install and tune?

Fellas,

I recently had a shop install an A & A Supercharger with tune (HP Tuners nguage). I've always done launches in Track mode in the past, but this time after the install, no dice.

In addition, I recently had the MSRC update done just prior to the supercharger install and tune. I ended up losing the MSRC update as well. Apparently on the first go around on the tune, everything was reset. The tuner informed me to have the MSRC update reinstalled at the dealer and everything should work. So I did. The good news is I got my MSRC update back, but still no launch control.

I've read past threads of others losing launch control after having the supercharger install and tune, but I would hear theories that with the car having much more power, launch control is incapable of holding the car down. It got me thinking. My setup is basic. No meth, no x-pipe, nothing. Just the supercharger. With that being said, my setup falls just short of Z06 power, and I'm sure the Z06 has launch control.

Can anyone offer insight and/or similar experiences and how it was rectified?

Thanks.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:47 PM
BlueDevilZ51
CF Senior Member

I have a stage 2 E force and still have launch control.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueDevilZ51 For This Useful Post:
Comebackid (05-29-2018)
Old 06-05-2018, 09:26 AM
mustang00066
CF Member

Mine is gone and I was bothered after I found out. ECS meth and Headers The 4 cyl mode is gone too but that doesn't bother me much.

I wish there was someone that had a way to bring launch control back without reverting to stock. I smoked a hellcat yesterday though so I'm not doing too bad without it I guess.
The Following User Says Thank You to mustang00066 For This Useful Post:
Comebackid (06-08-2018)
Old 06-08-2018, 12:45 PM
Comebackid
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by mustang00066 View Post
Mine is gone and I was bothered after I found out. ECS meth and Headers The 4 cyl mode is gone too but that doesn't bother me much.

I wish there was someone that had a way to bring launch control back without reverting to stock. I smoked a hellcat yesterday though so I'm not doing too bad without it I guess.
That seems to be the consensus. What a disappointment. I loved that feature.

Anyone have thoughts on optimal traction at launch - settings, RPM, etc.?
Old 06-09-2018, 03:14 PM
robert miller
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,019 Times in 927 Posts

Originally Posted by Comebackid View Post
That seems to be the consensus. What a disappointment. I loved that feature.

Anyone have thoughts on optimal traction at launch - settings, RPM, etc.?
Start out at about 2200 rpm & go from that if the car goes on it face raise the rpm up about 200 more rpm until get gets out of the hole without braking loose. Then just play on getting into the paddle as it goes. Each car is a little diff even with the same parts in it so just getting a good amount of seat time in your car..
The Following User Says Thank You to robert miller For This Useful Post:
Comebackid (06-09-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 07:35 PM
prince8619
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlueDevilZ51 View Post
I have a stage 2 E force and still have launch control.
is yours an auto or manual transmission?
Old 07-09-2018, 08:12 PM
BlueDevilZ51
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by prince8619 View Post
is yours an auto or manual transmission?
auto
Old 07-09-2018, 08:14 PM
prince8619
CF Senior Member

auto
What wheel HP are u at? And does ur car move or roll forward when u engaged the launch control from all the additional torque and HP?
Old 07-10-2018, 06:49 AM
BlueDevilZ51
CF Senior Member

I would think if youre car is moving or rolling forward when trying to use the LC, youre not pressing the brake hard enough.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:52 AM
Higgs Boson
CF Senior Member

they probably tuned it out without realizing it. just let them know, no big deal. they can fix it.

Last edited by Higgs Boson; 07-10-2018 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:59 AM
prince8619
CF Senior Member

I would think if youre car is moving or rolling forward when trying to use the LC, youre not pressing the brake hard enough.
that's what I thought as well. I am literally all on it to the floor with all my weight lol. I mean I have used it before when it was stock and I know what needs to happen, I am very family with the procedure..its just not happening in D mode or 1st gear. It's only works in 2nd gear.

Last edited by prince8619; 07-10-2018 at 09:02 AM.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:01 AM
prince8619
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
they probably tuned it out without realizing it. just let them know, no big deal. they can fix it.
I did call my tuner..he said he never went into the launch control files, he was very surprised. Since you have a really high HP build, even tho its manual..does ur launch still engage in first gear? I think u did tell me u manually launch it since u get better times.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:17 PM
[email protected]
Supporting Vendor

We don't even use it. Our cars will 1.3 60ft off the foot brake.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:18 PM
prince8619
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
We don't even use it. Our cars will 1.3 60ft off the foot brake.
can you explain? So just floor it off idle? Cuz I did launch it manually at 1400rpm and let the brake go and it was like a rocket
Old 07-12-2018, 06:36 PM
badass1g
CF Senior Member

I have AA SC kit and They tuned it with HP and I still have launch control M7, however I tried to use my no lift shift a couple times and it doesn't appear to be functioning. Surprisingly when I called AA they seemed to have no idea about no lift shift. For how Vette savy they are I was surprised that they didn't know anything about it. I don't see why any auto cars would or could use a high rpm to launch (4k rpm). I wouldlnt think auto cars would need anything but brake and gas.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:08 PM
prince8619
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by badass1g View Post
I have AA SC kit and They tuned it with HP and I still have launch control M7, however I tried to use my no lift shift a couple times and it doesn't appear to be functioning. Surprisingly when I called AA they seemed to have no idea about no lift shift. For how Vette savy they are I was surprised that they didn't know anything about it. I don't see why any auto cars would or could use a high rpm to launch (4k rpm). I wouldlnt think auto cars would need anything but brake and gas.

On m7 manual corvettes, the rpms are much higher during launch control. On the A6 and A8, since its automatic..the torque converter multiplies the torque and the launch is typically 1800-2100 rpm and they launch with much lower rpms. When I used to use launch control in the past, I place the shifter in D, engage the launch control..my rpms stabilize at around 2000 and i let the brake go.

Now every since my car has been modified..the only way to keep the rpms stable is in Manual paddle shift mode and 2nd gear. First gear and D mode, the car just rolls forward and the rpms wont stabilize..meaning launch control cant engage. I am assuming, since their is so much more torque and HP now than before..the computer cannot control it and it can make stabilize the rpms for a proper launch.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:36 PM
ChiefP
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I have an A6 and my launch control still functions...but it's useless. It launched substantially better before the upgrades. Now it launches like a dog. I'm much better without it and just rolling into the throttle.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:38 PM
prince8619
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ChiefP View Post
I have an A6 and my launch control still functions...but it's useless. It launched substantially better before the upgrades. Now it launches like a dog. I'm much better without it and just rolling into the throttle.
that's what I plan on doing the old school way. Thanks
Old 07-13-2018, 01:58 AM
chuntington101
CF Senior Member

I can't see how any launch control is going to work after mods. The torque curves will have changed so much that the pre programmed launch rpm, throttle input, timing, etc would be out by a mile! You would probably need to 'tune' the launch control for the new torque curve.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone lose their launch control after supercharger install and tune?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: