C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My F1A-94 + Crawford Racing Port Injection build thread...

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 08:47 AM
123sugey
Dig
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 759 Likes on 515 Posts

Very nice !!
The following users liked this post:
C5-VERT (12-11-2018)
Old 12-12-2018, 09:49 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Mike looking better every time you post a pic buddy That is really great man on your little helper on the car really great do are get him to help they grow up so fast. Robert
C5-VERT (01-21-2019)
Old 05-07-2019, 09:44 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

I also ordered a 3.8" sure-grip pulley dropping down .2" and using my precision wastegate setup to do boost by gear, finally! I want to get around 21 or so PSI max. The 4" pulley is great get's me right to 17/18 PSI, but it's time to update the belt so been wanting a bit more boost. If she goes, she goes! Then I will build the motor out...

Old 05-08-2019, 08:08 AM
us3rname
Pro

Received 152 Likes on 106 Posts

Very Nice! That port injection looks like a very involved installation but I'm sure the results are well worth it.
C5-VERT (05-08-2019)
Old 05-09-2019, 12:13 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by us3rname
Very Nice! That port injection looks like a very involved installation but I'm sure the results are well worth it.
It is. But one drawback is the complexity of it. And the fact that my secondary fuel pump and wastegate rely on a separate ECU. I am working with Chris Crawford now my ECU outputs went out I was just driving and my secondary fuel pump stopped working. I checked everything my relay, constant 12v line, then I checked my ACC (or output from holley) and the settings were correct (of course they were b/c I never changed anything) and it just stopped shooting a 12v low amp signal. It was only supplying like 2v. not 12. So now I have a $1000 ECU that isn't working they way I need. So I have to tear it back down and probably send the ECU off, which means my car will be down, and that doesn't make me happy. Anyway just my luck 1 of a 1000 ECU failures comes to me. And I KNOW my setup was perfect I soldered and heat shrinked every wire, perfectly. Took months to do i took my time. I am a software engineer so I know quite well this does happen, even if it's a low percentage. So more work to do, but it will get there.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:04 PM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by C5-VERT
It is. But one drawback is the complexity of it. And the fact that my secondary fuel pump and wastegate rely on a separate ECU. I am working with Chris Crawford now my ECU outputs went out I was just driving and my secondary fuel pump stopped working. I checked everything my relay, constant 12v line, then I checked my ACC (or output from holley) and the settings were correct (of course they were b/c I never changed anything) and it just stopped shooting a 12v low amp signal. It was only supplying like 2v. not 12. So now I have a $1000 ECU that isn't working they way I need. So I have to tear it back down and probably send the ECU off, which means my car will be down, and that doesn't make me happy. Anyway just my luck 1 of a 1000 ECU failures comes to me. And I KNOW my setup was perfect I soldered and heat shrinked every wire, perfectly. Took months to do i took my time. I am a software engineer so I know quite well this does happen, even if it's a low percentage. So more work to do, but it will get there.
Mike, which Fueler did you go with HP or Dominator? Which fuel pump setup?
Old 05-10-2019, 02:29 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by Earl H
Mike, which Fueler did you go with HP or Dominator? Which fuel pump setup?
HP. I only needed outputs for fuel pump and dual solenoid wastegate control I am also an M7 so didn't need any tranny setup.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:04 AM
OG_Pokey
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Mike, the build is fantastic! Do you mind sharing what ECU you're using for gear dependent boost? I love the idea and may try to do the same with my setup. Any help is appreciated.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:08 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by OG_Pokey
Mike, the build is fantastic! Do you mind sharing what ECU you're using for gear dependent boost? I love the idea and may try to do the same with my setup. Any help is appreciated.
Not at all! I am using the HP 2.0 which has enough outputs for me. If I had an auto I would go with the Dominator just in case you want trans control later and Chris adds new features all the time. He can now control TB, Spark, Boost, Traction Control, Active Handling. He's really doing a good job with this Holley system.

My cost was a good bit higher due to some custom harnesses that were made for me as well as the dual boost solenoids, 46mm precision wastegate, and plug n play harneses for all that. His system is 99% plug and play minus the flex fuel wire you have to pin in with the factory ECU. Don't get me wrong it's quite the process but man it's so worth it in the end. I LOVE the Holley Touchscreen I can see the DUTY CYCLE, FLOW RATE, all that with my port injectors. It's cool seeing them all at ZERO then when this beast comes into boost and power you see the extra injectors coming online! I am such a nerd! I develop native mobile apps so technically I am a nerd. But I love the tech. It can do boost by speed, gear, rpm, so many options. I am getting all that setup in the next couple weeks finally. I have to TIG the wastegate and move the MAF post wastegate so its not just a simple task. You have to be sure the air NOT dumped out the wastegate is measured (clearly measuring it before would be bad). This site https://performancemrp.com/c-1389198...-adapters.html makes some nice MAF flange adapters in SS or Aluminum, as well as AIR STRAIGHTENERS which is what you want once you dump that air out. https://performancemrp.com/c-1389190...er-screen.html
OG_Pokey (05-10-2019)
Old 05-11-2019, 09:38 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

If anyone has belt slip you can upgrade to tungsten carbide coatings. Some will cost your own pulley or you can buy one from 928 motor sports. They run $200 but they are the wrong offset and spacers push it out too far for my liking. The keys aren’t fully seated only about half the pulley is on the shaft.

For a fix I cut the spacer section off the old pulley and tapered it down to match the diameter or the new pulley center section. I took both upper and lower keys and set them in both the new spacer and pulley aligning them. This will provide a super strong bond with they spacer, key, and procharger shaft. To add some strength I am going to TIG weld the spacer to the pulley. In the next post I will add pics.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:42 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Old 05-13-2019, 12:26 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

I TIG welded the spacer to my new sure grip pulley. Setup the keyways and then set the pulley on to the PC shaft. Put some anti-seize on then used a rubber mallet to seat the pulley. Have to find a bit longer 7/16 20 bolt to lock it down. Then I am done! Was a bit tricky to get my AC TIG settings right this material wasn’t easy to weld but I got decent penetration and with the keyways it’a not going anywhere. The sure grip tungsten carbide coating grips the belt like super glue. No need now to bump up to 10 rib I know there is no way this belt will slip now.

Old 05-15-2019, 12:14 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

All I can say is HOLY JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!! That 3.8" pulley made much more of a noticeable difference that I was ever expecting!! Especially in mid-range power. I am in shock at how much this car just woke up! Maybe I had more belt slip than I even knew but my God this car is absolutely unbelievable now. I am 100% satisfied at the boost and power now just still in shock at how much difference this made!! Damn I am happy.
schpenxel (05-15-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 09:23 PM
solotronics
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Badass! where did you get those winglets on the front bumper cover? do you notice the increased downforce?
Old 05-17-2019, 12:56 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by solotronics
Badass! where did you get those winglets on the front bumper cover? do you notice the increased downforce?
Thank you!! I got some more time with the car today oh yeah it’s for sure making I would say 100 more wheel horse. It’s majorly noticeable. I have got to get rid of these Cup2s and get some 888r’s. About to sell my red pinstriped factory black wheels and use that money to get some 18s all around for track use. Traction is my major issue now. Running great NO WOBBLE pretty proud of myself fabricating this not even knowing at first how to overcome the offset. It was offset so much using spacers alone wouldn’t be safe in my opinion. It would only have a fraction of the key. I know they make keyed spacers but I preferred it being one solid pulley. I love problem solving and learning new things. Especially if I can give some info back to our community.
Old 05-17-2019, 01:06 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Latest pics. Dumped the ugly green filter

Old 05-17-2019, 01:07 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

I junked the short keys that were stock and got me some longer 3/16 key stock which now runs the full length of the pulley and blower shaft. NO WAY IT'S GOING TO SPIN NOW!!! Another awesome thing I noticed is now my GREEN belt doesn't have to be super tight like it was the tungsten carbide coating is so damn sticky it grips that belt like damn glue!

Get notified of new replies

To My F1A-94 + Crawford Racing Port Injection build thread...

Old 05-17-2019, 09:24 AM
Osman
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

Great build... got 2 questions
What is your fuel pressure set at ??? i think they call is static fuel pressure, vacuum line disconnected , car running...
Also, why not buy a Griptech pulley with a offset hub for Procharger ? You can buy any size you want... The whole welding pulley together.. eeeekkk
Old 05-17-2019, 10:03 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by Osman
Great build... got 2 questions
What is your fuel pressure set at ??? i think they call is static fuel pressure, vacuum line disconnected , car running...
Also, why not buy a Griptech pulley with a offset hub for Procharger ? You can buy any size you want... The whole welding pulley together.. eeeekkk
Thanks! Sure, Chris Crawford wanted my base pressure set at 65 psi. It increases, of course, 1psi per 1lb of boost. I am at 11.7 at WOT full boost. Was at 18 psi need to log to see where I am not, assuming around 21 to 22.

Couple reasons I didn't buy a grip-tech. One, where's the fun in that? ;-) I enjoy challenges and doing my own thing. So when the pulley didn't fit I smiled, just a problem solver type kind of guy I guess. But honestly I didn't realize the offset at first, so my mistake. Sure I could have sent it back but that leads me to my #2 answer, I like the tungsten carbide coating more than what grip-tech does. Look at the two finishes on the pulleys, I just personally preferred the sure-grip over the grip-tech. Grip-tech uses a microabrasion process which is essentially cutting grooves into the pulley V surface, as opposed to the tungsten carbide coating which is using particle tech to create a very abrasive/grippy surface. If you ever felt the two in person the clear winner is the sure-grip. It may cause some premature belt wear but I can change a belt in 15 mins it's no worries for me. And this is just my opinion. If I have any issues I will just pop on the Grip-tech, it's a 15 min swap. I would have to drop to a 3.75" as Grip-Tech doesn't offer a 3.8" but it's negligible.

Last edited by C5-VERT; 05-17-2019 at 10:07 AM.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:09 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

The following 2 users liked this post by C5-VERT:
bbbvettes.com (05-19-2019), robert miller (06-06-2019)

Quick Reply: My F1A-94 + Crawford Racing Port Injection build thread...