C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's ready for a easy Aux fuel Pump Kit for the C7??

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 10:49 AM
jstewart
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

send me a price Billy
Old 11-24-2018, 06:02 PM
douniasg
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

Just finished installing this. Quality product and easy step by step instructions. The only hard part was draining the tank maybe I wasn't doing it right. I just left the car running while the pump was pumping the fuel into a container. Thanks again Billy!
Old 11-26-2018, 10:26 AM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by douniasg
Just finished installing this. Quality product and easy step by step instructions. The only hard part was draining the tank maybe I wasn't doing it right. I just left the car running while the pump was pumping the fuel into a container. Thanks again Billy!
You are very welcome sir!!! Thank you very much!! Glad you liked our product!!
Billy
Old 11-26-2018, 11:33 AM
jimxms
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

One quick question regarding the install. When you drill the tank, do you drill straight away with the provided drill bit, or drill a small pilot hole first? Also, is the fuel tank make from steel or some sort of plastic and is there any easy way to clean up debris from drilling that enters the tank?
Old 11-26-2018, 02:06 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by jimxms
One quick question regarding the install. When you drill the tank, do you drill straight away with the provided drill bit, or drill a small pilot hole first? Also, is the fuel tank make from steel or some sort of plastic and is there any easy way to clean up debris from drilling that enters the tank?
The tank is double layered plastic with the inside layer being white. When I installed a different vendor solution on another C7, I was able to drill most the way through with a hole saw and then pop out the inner piece to keep most the shavings out of the tank. I was then able to feel around the tank a little bit to get anything left over. Though, I’m not sure how large the hole is with this kit so you may not be able to do that.
Old 11-26-2018, 02:18 PM
jimxms
Pro

Originally Posted by FYREANT

The tank is double layered plastic with the inside layer being white. When I installed a different vendor solution on another C7, I was able to drill most the way through with a hole saw and then pop out the inner piece to keep most the shavings out of the tank. I was then able to feel around the tank a little bit to get anything left over. Though, I’m not sure how large the hole is with this kit so you may not be able to do that.
Yeah the hole saw method sounds like a good idea. At least that way you're not turning the entire hole into debris. I'll have to see if its viable with this kit. Thanks man
Old 11-26-2018, 02:57 PM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

I go with the bit in the kit. If you want, dip the drill bit in grease first. But honestly if you ise the large bit in the kit. The shavings are are big and won't fall into the tank.
Billy
Old 11-28-2018, 10:39 AM
Bruce_K
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

So my blower is still out being ported. is there another way to drain the tank? I would love to get it done while im waiting for the blower to get back to me.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:53 AM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Bruce_K
So my blower is still out being ported. is there another way to drain the tank? I would love to get it done while im waiting for the blower to get back to me.
Call me and I will walk you threw it. In the install manual we have this step by step how to. Its a little tricky. Call me , no worries.
Billy
Old 11-28-2018, 10:55 AM
Bruce_K
Racer

Sounds good thanks Billy, I'll re read it as well.
The following users liked this post:
Billy@MTI (11-28-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 11:11 AM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

Sounds good thanks Billy, I'll re read it as well.
No problem at all. This is what we offer. Phone support is a big part of what missing in the industry. So when we put out products we are there for you guys. Thats part of what you paying for when you by a MTI product.
Billy
Old 12-05-2018, 04:19 PM
Bruce_K
Racer

A little nerve wreaching drilling into the tank but we look good!!! Just gotta finish wiring

Old 12-05-2018, 06:17 PM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

A little nerve wreaching drilling into the tank but we look good!!! Just gotta finish wiring
Looks like you got it!!
Billy
Old 12-19-2018, 01:54 PM
jimxms
Pro

Just finished installing my kit. Took me about 6 leisurely hours in total. Overall it was a fairly easy install, but for the amateur home mechanic the instructions are a bit basic and there are lots of blanks you need to fill in. From memory I recall noticing some small issues too:

- The wrong number relay (at least for a 2014)

- Real trouble emptying the fuel tank the instructed way. The fuel pump would run for about 4 seconds then stop. I would then have to wait about 2 minutes for the car to reset itself (I could hear a click from the back of the car) and then repeat the process again. In the end I got the tank to 'E', but when I drilled the tank I still had a lot of fuel in there, so it made the whole process pointless. Instead, I could have just drilled a pilot hole in the tank at the beginning and let the fuel drain through that.

- VERY IMPORTANT to tighten every connector during install. I found several fittings that I just couldn't get a wrench around once everything was in place - so a lot of them had to be tightened beforehand.
Also, I thought I had everything tightened good, and then I realised that the AN connector on the Tee was actually a fitting (and not part of the Tee as it looked), so that needed tightening too. Could have been a fuel spraying disaster had I missed that one!

- Im not sure what the deal is with the terminal nuts on the pump. There were two nuts on each terminal, one with nyloc and one without. The pictures all seemed to show fitting the electrical connector between the two nuts with the nyloc nut at the bottom (like Bruce_K has above). But to me this seemed strange as you surely want the nyloc nut on top to prevent the nut from loosening and disconnecting the wires from the pump?

All said, it is a very well put together kit. I'm hoping to give it a proper test in the next few days and hopefully my tuner will tell me that my low side is no longer running out of fuel
Old 12-19-2018, 02:30 PM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jimxms
Just finished installing my kit. Took me about 6 leisurely hours in total. Overall it was a fairly easy install, but for the amateur home mechanic the instructions are a bit basic and there are lots of blanks you need to fill in. From memory I recall noticing some small issues too:

- The wrong number relay (at least for a 2014)

- Real trouble emptying the fuel tank the instructed way. The fuel pump would run for about 4 seconds then stop. I would then have to wait about 2 minutes for the car to reset itself (I could hear a click from the back of the car) and then repeat the process again. In the end I got the tank to 'E', but when I drilled the tank I still had a lot of fuel in there, so it made the whole process pointless. Instead, I could have just drilled a pilot hole in the tank at the beginning and let the fuel drain through that.

- VERY IMPORTANT to tighten every connector during install. I found several fittings that I just couldn't get a wrench around once everything was in place - so a lot of them had to be tightened beforehand.
Also, I thought I had everything tightened good, and then I realised that the AN connector on the Tee was actually a fitting (and not part of the Tee as it looked), so that needed tightening too. Could have been a fuel spraying disaster had I missed that one!

- Im not sure what the deal is with the terminal nuts on the pump. There were two nuts on each terminal, one with nyloc and one without. The pictures all seemed to show fitting the electrical connector between the two nuts with the nyloc nut at the bottom (like Bruce_K has above). But to me this seemed strange as you surely want the nyloc nut on top to prevent the nut from loosening and disconnecting the wires from the pump?

All said, it is a very well put together kit. I'm hoping to give it a proper test in the next few days and hopefully my tuner will tell me that my low side is no longer running out of fuel
The fuel drain is a pain in the ***. It almost takes two people to do it. Glad you are happy with our kit and greatly appreciate for business.
Billy
Old 12-19-2018, 02:42 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Simplest way to drain the fuel in my opinion is to disconnect the rubber hose that goes from the filler neck to the tank (disconnect at the top of the neck) and then using a siphon pump you can stick the hose down the tube into the tank. I did that and haf the tank fully drained in no time.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:44 PM
Bruce_K
Racer

I just drilled a hole it in and drained it that way. cleared all the shavings out too....

Get notified of new replies

To Who's ready for a easy Aux fuel Pump Kit for the C7??

Old 12-19-2018, 02:48 PM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

I just drilled a hole it in and drained it that way. cleared all the shavings out too....
Hey, that works too lol
Old 12-20-2018, 07:59 AM
boostaholic786
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Billy,
im having fueling issues on my C7 FBO E85 car with a NX plate kit spraying a 150shot. The low side pump can't keep up running E85 on the nitrous which is my "normal setup". Off the nitrous I'm not maxing out the fuel system at all. But as soon as i try and spray the car, the low side pump can't hang. I have thought about doing a stand alone fuel cell dedicated for the nitrous but I think your setup might be a better option for future plans. Pm me for pricing and a way I can order your kit asap and I'm Happy to do a write up as welll since I'm probably the only nitrous car having this issue at the moment.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:04 AM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 865 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by boostaholic786
Hey Billy,
im having fueling issues on my C7 FBO E85 car with a NX plate kit spraying a 150shot. The low side pump can't keep up running E85 on the nitrous which is my "normal setup". Off the nitrous I'm not maxing out the fuel system at all. But as soon as i try and spray the car, the low side pump can't hang. I have thought about doing a stand alone fuel cell dedicated for the nitrous but I think your setup might be a better option for future plans. Pm me for pricing and a way I can order your kit asap and I'm Happy to do a write up as welll since I'm probably the only nitrous car having this issue at the moment.
I would consider a stand alone. No aux pump is going to allow you to run full e85 with a 150 shot. That’s just like trying to run boost and full e85 without port injection.

You’d need port injection or a stand alone.

Quick Reply: Who's ready for a easy Aux fuel Pump Kit for the C7??