C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LG Motorsports Oil Cooler Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 05:29 PM
Fernando@LGMotorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Default LG Motorsports Oil Cooler Kit

Hello everyone,

This is the latest and most thoroughly tested version of the LG Motorsports oil cooler. After many variations we settled on this design. It has been designed to work with naturally aspirated, supercharged and ProCharged C7 Corvettes. We recorded the temperature on the factory system at 298° on a 97° Texas day with track surface temperature at 122°. The LG Motorsports Oil Cooler Kit saved the day with temperatures never exceeding 239° in similar conditions as previously tested. THAT'S A DECREASE OF 60 DEGREES!!! This kit is a complete bolt-on affair and can be installed in the garage at home in a few hours with basic handtools. We utilize our billet adapter block to allow you to tie into the oiling system and run -10AN stainless steel hoses to and from the cooler. Buy with confidence that all testing and fitment has been taken care of for you and all you have to do is have fun on the track!

These are on the shelf ready to ship today!

ORDER YOURS HERE

Thanks,
Fernando

Last edited by Fernando@LGMotorsports; 10-19-2018 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:44 PM
solotronics
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

very cool! this separates out the oil cooling system from the water? does this lower the IAT temps and the water system from the charge bricks?

Forgive my ignorance, I have been reading a lot about the cooling systems in the A8 C7Z and just trying to figure out what the good solutions are for keeping more timing when its really hot outside.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:54 PM
Joshinator99
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by solotronics
very cool! this separates out the oil cooling system from the water? does this lower the IAT temps and the water system from the charge bricks?

Forgive my ignorance, I have been reading a lot about the cooling systems in the A8 C7Z and just trying to figure out what the good solutions are for keeping more timing when its really hot outside.
Overwhelming majority of your improvement will be to your oil temp only.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:23 PM
Fernando@LGMotorsports

Originally Posted by solotronics
Yes, this separates the oil system entirely. It is not effective in lowering IAT temps nor was it intended to. We do have a revised and completed trans cooling kit which will work on all C7 auto cars. Expect a post in the next few days
Originally Posted by Joshinator99
Overwhelming majority of your improvement will be to your oil temp only.
This is correct.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:38 AM
Shinobi'sZ
Le Mans Master

Received 439 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Fernando@LGMotorsports
Yes, this separates the oil system entirely. It is not effective in lowering IAT temps nor was it intended to. We do have a revised and completed trans cooling kit which will work on all C7 auto cars. Expect a post in the next few days

This is correct.
Very nice and very similar to the LPE oil circuit that I used on my C5 TT setup which had a huge change on both my coolant and oil temps. Prior to switching to A2A cooler, I was still using the LPE oil cooler circuit but it was being used with an integrated Rad/Oil cooler setup. Combined with the Rad it tended to work together to heat both coolant and oil up when driving in California hot temps 100+*. After I separated them using the A2A oil cooler both my coolant and oil temps stayed down...even when driving hours in 100* temps with a hot *** TT setup. Oil temps always stayed between 215-225, and coolant always around 190 with a BeCool Rad. The only issue was that I had to make sure in cooler weather the oil temps were up around 180 prior to getting on it.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:56 AM
Fernando@LGMotorsports

Originally Posted by Shinobi'sZ
Very nice and very similar to the LPE oil circuit that I used on my C5 TT setup which had a huge change on both my coolant and oil temps. Prior to switching to A2A cooler, I was still using the LPE oil cooler circuit but it was being used with an integrated Rad/Oil cooler setup. Combined with the Rad it tended to work together to heat both coolant and oil up when driving in California hot temps 100+*. After I separated them using the A2A oil cooler both my coolant and oil temps stayed down...even when driving hours in 100* temps with a hot *** TT setup. Oil temps always stayed between 215-225, and coolant always around 190 with a BeCool Rad. The only issue was that I had to make sure in cooler weather the oil temps were up around 180 prior to getting on it.
And this may be the case with our system as well. But it sure beats having to end your session early!

Fernando
Old 11-19-2018, 06:12 PM
Fernando@LGMotorsports

Default Update

You asked and we listened!

We are now offering a thermostatic adapter block as an option for our C7 Oil cooler Kit. These are available in a temperature of your choice - 180°F, 200°F, and 212°F. Our lines will be built to match the adapter when selected or requested.

These are on sale now for the holidays.
ORDER YOURS HERE

Thanks,
Fernando
Old 11-19-2018, 07:55 PM
stab1991
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 61 Posts

What is the failed position, open or closed?
Old 11-19-2018, 08:49 PM
Fernando@LGMotorsports

Originally Posted by stab1991
What is the failed position, open or closed?
The thermostat can fail in either position, but the most likely fail position is with the bypass valve open, which means bypassing the cooler. In this situation you would see your oil temps go up higher than normal.
That said it's very rare to see a failure and the thermostat is rated for 10,000 heat cycles. Race teams that use our thermostats don't really worry about it.
Sounds safe enough to not be concern but as always you should monitor your temps when, especially when pushing the car.

Fernando
Old 01-06-2019, 10:57 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

Anybody here installed one yet?
Old 01-07-2019, 11:34 AM
Dane@LGmotorsports

Received 641 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by badhabit_wb
Anybody here installed one yet?
The set up was initially designed for and installed on @MCK_Z06 car and I believe he's been on track a few times since.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:44 AM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Thanks. It looks really tight under there for the lines if the factory coolant line is retained.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:24 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports

Received 641 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by badhabit_wb
Thanks. It looks really tight under there for the lines if the factory coolant line is retained.
PM me your email and I'll send a pic over for line routing.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:26 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

done

Get notified of new replies

To LG Motorsports Oil Cooler Kit

Quick Reply: LG Motorsports Oil Cooler Kit