C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any battery issues with centrifugal s/c?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 05:45 PM
CDH76
Safety Car

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

Default Any battery issues with centrifugal s/c?

I do not daily drive mine. It's a '15 with 20k miles on it. I put my s/c on it around 3k miles. Just the other day my battery was dead and I needed a jump (this happened after driving it for 15 minutes and it started up fine prior to the drive). Does the s/c put any stress on the battery? Do I need to get more CCA? I've noticed there has been a few times where it sounded like it almost wasn't going to turn over and finally happened two weeks ago when I needed the jump. Maybe it's because I don't dd the car?

Last edited by CDH76; 01-04-2019 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:56 PM
OG_Pokey
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

the battery will struggle the cooler the weather is. A battery that seems fine at 70F may struggle at 30F. Since it's a 15, you're battery is probably approaching 4 yrs old also. The SC wouldn't cause any extra stress, it's probably just time for a new battery.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:57 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by OG_Pokey
the battery will struggle the cooler the weather is. A battery that seems fine at 70F may struggle at 30F. Since it's a 15, you're battery is probably approaching 4 yrs old also. The SC wouldn't cause any extra stress, it's probably just time for a new battery.
I agree 100% Now if you had someone to put in elec gauges & they hook something up that it pulls power all the time then yes that would cause it. But the S/C by itself no way just happens to be time to put one in the car.. Robert
Old 01-05-2019, 05:25 PM
CDH76
Safety Car

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by OG_Pokey
ok sounds good thanks! I’ll replace it to be safe

Get notified of new replies

To Any battery issues with centrifugal s/c?

Quick Reply: Any battery issues with centrifugal s/c?