C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT4 SuperCharger question please

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2020, 01:06 PM
1BadMoFo
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Default LT4 SuperCharger question please

So I found this on another side, claims to be brand new. I have no doubt on that, but didn't GM put bigger cooling blocks in the 2017 and up for the heat issues? I am looking for a way to make sure that it has the bigger blocks, while hopefully the seller will take the lid off and snap a pic of the inside for me.

Looking at the black cover, it is quite taller in appearance than other LT4's from like 2016 that are for sale on here.

There is some sort of casting code on the bottom if anyone knows how to read that, or just confirm or not that this has the bigger intercoolers.

BIG QUESTION, will this taller lid fit under the 2014 Z51 stock hood?? Thanks. Scott

Old 01-16-2020, 05:50 PM
hogurt
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

It looks great. I believe you have to modify the hood liner for the bigger blower lid. From a performance perspective there is no difference, but the modified bricks allow for better air flow.

it is also possible to put the taller lid on the older blower, but that doesn’t fix the airflow...need the angled bricks from the newer blower.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:56 PM
DTOM
Drifting

Received 743 Likes on 407 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Looks like the newer style as the pre-2017 had more of an angle towards the back like the pic below.

If its new, why does it have the engine builder name plate on it? Don't the black ribs on the pulley show a little wear?

Last edited by DTOM; 01-16-2020 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:36 PM
1BadMoFo
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

LOL, no idea but great catch! I think I have my answers though, yes it is the new style, no real improvement in performance, not much improvement in IAT, and have to remove the hood liner, which I don't want to do so I am skipping it.

Get notified of new replies

To LT4 SuperCharger question please

Quick Reply: LT4 SuperCharger question please