Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette C7 Design

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 06:54 AM
VetteSpeed-427
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or do you prefer it with more complex forms ?

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Vette-kid
Melting Slicks

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

I like this last one. To be honest, i guess i have a different view than some on here. Id like to see GM stick with a more classic US styling. The General has some unique challenges with the corvette. They have to come out with something that is consantley being refined, but still manage to stand out from the high end imports they aim to beat. Lambo can radically change design anytime they want, but corvette fans would cry foul if they ever did away with the four taillights.

I think It would be great to see something with strong styling cues from the C3 era, big fenders and a long nose. But with a wide body.

BTW, you do great work!
Old 04-19-2008, 06:57 AM
VetteSpeed-427
Advanced

I like this last one. To be honest, i guess i have a different view than some on here. Id like to see GM stick with a more classic US styling. The General has some unique challenges with the corvette. They have to come out with something that is consantley being refined, but still manage to stand out from the high end imports they aim to beat. Lambo can radically change design anytime they want, but corvette fans would cry foul if they ever did away with the four taillights.

I think It would be great to see something with strong styling cues from the C3 era, big fenders and a long nose. But with a wide body.
The Orange C6 above is a tuning design and not a serial design. It’s not meant to be produced on standard Vettes. The ones I designed on the first page are more serial type design with US look. Designing a Vette’s rear is easy, the front is a little more difficult to do. I will try to surprise with a totally new C7 design but this time with US styling.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:41 AM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I would really like to see a C7 with the notchback (FRC) design as it looks much nicer.

BTW, you're really gifted and I like your drawings.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:25 AM
ZFORME
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish you worked at GM. I would like an FRC (short back window) styled C7Z06. The rear tailights should be a custom look/geometry.
Clean body lines that swoop to the front. A slight bulge in the hood and rear fenders for that American muscle look.
Your style and eye for design is wonderful; do not give up at trying to get inside GM.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:07 AM
VetteSpeed-427
Advanced

Thank you all for your encouragements. I am working now on a new C7 design with a new interactive idea to make you participate if you wish to. I will cut the profile in three parts (Front Mid Rear) all of them can be interchangeable and I shall design three of each. Which means that you can vote for different front/mid/rear sections and depending on your votes I will give you a render of the final car (if the moderators can help me start a vote section). The game should be fun I think as I will give you a choice between US design and euro style.

I know this is a Corvette forum but here are some examples of other cars I designed. Some of them are 4 to 5 years old.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-21-2008, 11:12 AM
VetteSpeed-427
Advanced

Your style and eye for design is wonderful; do not give up at trying to get inside GM.
I am not necessarily looking for a designer position. A project management position is fine for me, knowing that I can also give experienced GM designers some design ideas.

Do you think that GM saw my Corvette designs in this forum ???
Old 04-21-2008, 11:52 AM
bestvette
Racer

Wow very nice curves and cuts, very aggressive!
Old 08-07-2008, 01:50 PM
road dog
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

don't like it . No thanks I'll keep My C5 its hard to top perfection. now that was a drastic change the C5 looks like they took there time to design it wasn't rushed into production C with 700+ hps theres your C7
Old 08-07-2008, 09:12 PM
mo-shy
Pro

Originally Posted by road dog
don't like it . No thanks I'll keep My C5 its hard to top perfection. now that was a drastic change the C5 looks like they took there time to design it wasn't rushed into production C with 700+ hps theres your C7
Old 08-10-2008, 05:43 AM
VetteSpeed-427
Advanced

Unfortunately I am too old (35 yrs) to become car designer, car manufacturers like young designers that just graduated ….. I don’t even have a design diploma and I work for Metso (rock process industry) ….. so the only way for me to see one of my designs on the street is to do everything myself

I am probably going to disappoint many of you but I am planning on redesigning and building a complete new corvette (it will be called VetteSpeed) on a tubular C5 chassis basis ….ultra light concept (max 1100 kg) and a new engine (not a GM but Audi engine) …direct high pressure fuel injection + VG Turbo. The exterior size will be close to the actual C6 but with lower roof panels (similar height to a C5) The aim is to have superior performance to the stock C5 and ….40 Mpg. Right now I am working on gathering enough funds for this project.

Wait and see …….
Old 08-10-2008, 10:43 PM
vettstang9907
Instructor

Default Respectfully

Nice work that is excellent design. From my personal taste I dont like it and I dont like the C 6 period. Corvette in my humble opion and with all do respect really screwed the Corvette design up. Off the top getting rid of the pop up lights was a tragedy. Shortining it to be like a Mercedes or even worst a Hyundai on steriods was another huge mistake. The C 6 has Zer0 sex appeal to it, unlike the C 5 with its nice curves and big ***. Inside I find the car to be totaly uncomfortable I know everyone will say no but whatever its uncomfortable. Design something not retro god thats played out but something true to Corvette dont fall in the trap of what all thses idiots just go along with and say yea I like it. Be unique I can see by work that you have an incredible talent and that C 7 design is truly amazing but you can do better.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:49 PM
VetteSpeed-427
Advanced

Originally Posted by vettstang9907
Nice work that is excellent design. From my personal taste I dont like it and I dont like the C 6 period. Corvette in my humble opion and with all do respect really screwed the Corvette design up. Off the top getting rid of the pop up lights was a tragedy. Shortining it to be like a Mercedes or even worst a Hyundai on steriods was another huge mistake. The C 6 has Zer0 sex appeal to it, unlike the C 5 with its nice curves and big ***. Inside I find the car to be totaly uncomfortable I know everyone will say no but whatever its uncomfortable. Design something not retro god thats played out but something true to Corvette dont fall in the trap of what all thses idiots just go along with and say yea I like it. Be unique I can see by work that you have an incredible talent and that C 7 design is truly amazing but you can do better.

Thank you .... i also think that the C5 design will last much longer in time ... just like the C1 / C2 / C3
Old 08-30-2008, 10:00 PM
QIKSLVR
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rockdog
This one is my favorite, the grill has the corvette logo in it which is kinda cool. You are very talented, but I think GM has many talented and highly educated young minds to pull from. It is a dream job for many college grads. Keep trying though.

[IMG][/IMG]
[/QUOTE]

You hit a 'Home Run' with this design. Can you do a design with some of the Ferrari Modena styling cues?
Old 08-31-2008, 07:09 PM
ajrubincpa
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteSpeed-427
Here are two other designs. The first one is a kind of C6 super Vette (full carbon fibre body) that I designed way before the ZR1 came out. The second one is another view of the C7.

[IMG][/IMG]
I like this design, although, I would like to see more rounded edges, which could help with fuel economy and have less wind resistence. As one poster mentioned, I also prefer the rounded tail lights and I also like the treatment of the front headlights. I would like to see more sketches of the front. One of the things that was a concern on some of your sketches was what looked like a very small rear window. I would prefer to see a larger rear window. I would like to see what you might do with the interior of the car, since some people have expressed some disappointment with the current C6 interior. However, I think their comments were more directed towards the ZR1. Nice ideas!
Old 08-31-2008, 09:05 PM
Sportsdude
Race Director

This one looks nice and with a MCM like hood it would look even better Nice work

Old 09-02-2008, 01:40 PM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Originally Posted by VetteSpeed-427
I love designing cars so I tried to imagine what the C7 should look like. I love collecting design suggestions from Corvette fans to pick up the most important styling clues you would like to see in the future C7 Vette design. So I designed several C7 corvettes, some of them look very modern and some go back to a more nostalgic styling. I’ll be pleased to design a special corvette for this forum taking into consideration your ideas and hints.
[IMG][/IMG]

sorry, but thats not much imagination. I'm not saying I could do better but I dont claim to design cars

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette C7 Design

Old 09-04-2008, 03:33 AM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Sportsdude
This one looks nice and with a MCM like hood it would look even better Nice work

I like this design myself but would like to see it in a notchback design.

I wish GM kept the notchback design of the fixed roof C5's.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:40 PM
vetterlatethannever
Race Director

Great work!!!
Old 09-20-2008, 09:46 PM
bterwilliger
Racer

ha! Gotta get the girl a vette thong like in your pictures. Do they exist? Awesome renderings.

Quick Reply: Corvette C7 Design